• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Communication between the conscious and subconscious mind in plain english.

Eat,Sleep,Breathe MUSIC
      Deeply immersed in the present moment

Communication between the conscious and subconscious mind in plain english.

There's were 3 articles that i read..where 3 different people were able to actually establish a communication link between the conscious and subconscious. By communication I mean talking directly to the subconscious mind and having it talk back to you in English. This may sound crazy. But the subconscious understands English, but speaks with images and feelings. And the exercises they provide are basically to train you to decode the images and feelings and translate them into English

The benefits are amazing.

http://www.psionguild.org/forums/sho...5367#post55367

http://www.robertpeterson.org/chap10.html

http://psipog.net/art-communicating-with-subc.html

I've been trying this, but it takes a lot of practice to be able to think in images and not words. Not to mention to actually REMEMBER to do it.

Can you imagine just ASKING your subconscious directly for a lucid dream and having it answer you back. Asking it anything for that matter.
      nina, Motumz, Speesh and 8 others like this.
      <Link Removed> - My website/tumblelog

“The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.” - Albert Einstein

San Antonio, TX
      DJ Entries
      thanks for the link! this looks promising! after my experience I look forward to have a deeper connection with my subconscious

Amateur WILDer
      I remember in a lucid dream I asked my subconscious mind to present itself as a dream character and it did. It was absolutely amazing how much information was available on the spot. And it felt completely separate of me. My thoughts in the dream were entirely my own and in no way did I feel I was influencing the answers I was receiving. When I lay down and try this, I feel like as if I am just talking back to myself. I assume that mastering something like would be similar to what I experienced in that lucid dream.

Unfolding Onierogen Hijo de la Luna's Avatar
      TN
      That is so cool thanks I will have to play with this. =0)
      Thought plus emotion creates attitude. Attitude plus action creates experience and experience determines reality

Eat,Sleep,Breathe MUSIC
      Quote Originally Posted by blade5x View Post
      I remember in a lucid dream I asked my subconscious mind to present itself as a dream character and it did. It was absolutely amazing how much information was available on the spot. And it felt completely separate of me. My thoughts in the dream were entirely my own and in no way did I feel I was influencing the answers I was receiving. When I lay down and try this, I feel like as if I am just talking back to myself. I assume that mastering something like would be similar to what I experienced in that lucid dream.
      I suppose quieting the conscious mind is key...and thinking in visualizations is important also.

Like if you say to yourself the word, green, you visualize a picture of green instead of just the word and thoughts of it.

“The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.” - Albert Einstein

LD Count
      Burlingtown, Vermont
      DJ Entries
      Fascinating. This thread came at a really good time for me, thanks for sharing.

I just tried the are you hungry one and immediately felt the answer. Its amazing how instantaneous and reactive the subconscious is. Literally as soon as I asked the question the answer was there. I'm looking forward to listening in more.

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Tagger Second Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran Second Class

DJ Entries
      Hmm, interesting thread. I've seen the robertpeterson page before. Hadn't seen the other two, though. The idea of direct communication reminds me of this book I've been reading, called Project Sanctuary. It's hard to explain, but at it's core it's about communicating with your subconscious (or "energy mind" as the book puts it) through visualization and imagination, instead of meditation. There's a lot of free snippets to read on the site, though this one will probably be of particular interest.

San Antonio, TX
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Singularity125 View Post
      but at it's core it's about communicating with your subconscious (or "energy mind" as the book puts it) through visualization and imagination, instead of meditation. .
      I've done this a few times before, except as taught by Shakti. It's nice to know that other people are teaching similar techniques. When I first sat down to do my visualization, it just felt like day-dreaming. I didn't really believe that I was 'communicating' with anything. But the after effects of the visualization were too real to deny!

In the technique I used, you first visualize/enter a sanctuary of your own fancy. Maybe your sanctuary is a forest, maybe it's an ocean. After exploring and settling down in your inner sanctuary you then invite your subconscious/higher self/take your pick.

Eat,Sleep,Breathe MUSIC
      I've read something else where it says you can communicate with the subconscious through creative visualization. You close your eyes and visualize yourself standing at your front door....go outside, and walk down the street to a telephone booth. GO isnide and dial your home number, and the subconscious will answer.

I tried this, but I think if you do it too quick it won't work. The act of just visulizaing is creating a link between conscious and subconscious.

Then there's Robert Petersons exercise with the door lock and tunnel thing on the link above.

the after effects of the visualization were too real to deny!
      Juroara, what were the after-effects you speak of? And by sanctuary you mean just pick your own place and just settle down there, visualizing it all?

Thanks for the link Singularity125, definitely interesting.
      Last edited by Majestic; 01-20-2010 at 02:13 AM.

San Antonio, TX
      DJ Entries
      The sanctuary should be in a natural environment (because this supposedly connects us to our more spiritual side) that you feel safe in. You first relax and center yourself, and imagine yourself going within yourself before entering your sanctuary. Basically you meditate for a few minutes first. This makes visualizing your sanctuary easier.

But I'm not sure which self is doing the visualizing! The more I did this visualization the more I realized that I wasn't really the one creating the environment. Like, in my 'sanctuary' there was a single lone tree in a field. I couldn't get rid of the tree, and I couldn't add any other trees in this field! It was a baby fruit tree too. And while I could imagine and visualize what ever fruit I wanted growing from my tree, I couldn't get the tree to grow any bigger...Or smaller!

Its very much like a dream. You may have a generalized idea of what's in your sanctuary, but the subtle details - it's not up to you!! I just figured, that the landscape of your sanctuary itself was all a part of the communication. Well I don't think my tree has a biblical meaning, but I do think it was there to grab hold of my attention and let me know that this was a special place.

http://dreamviews.com/community/showthread.php?t=88283

I haven't had any visualization meditations as vivid as the one in my thread!! If I'm too sleepy or too alert the visualization that just falls a part or the communication makes no sense. It's hard finding that magical inbetween consciousness . But if it helps, it feels a lot like the beginning of a VILD!

PS. I realize a lot of people will have a hard time with my thread, thats okay, I have a hard time accepting it too! You know, some things you just gotta experience for yourself.

PS. I'm still stomach ulcer free!

Unwilling, Improper EspadaInMyCloset's Avatar
      LD Count
      These links are awesome, thanx!!!!

Go insane for me, I'm that selfish you see
      We're a wicked rhyme, a line followed
      By the darkest picture, making everyone cry

Eat,Sleep,Breathe MUSIC

hypnagogic auditory hallucinations / music from the subconscious

I just had a very interesting and weird experience last night. Now I do compose music. I have been composing music since i was 14..which is about 5 years now. Now coming up making music, I would say my imagination was little while making music, right brain not fully developed. I grew up mostly a left-brainer. But lately, I have been getting way better and I am much mroe innovate in music. I have been doing it A LOT of composing in the past week or two.
      So last night I attempted to WILD. I was really really tired. I would (try) to visualize what i needed to do for my music such as who i was going to pay for my cd design and just imaging the money I would be getting.

I was extremely tired while doing this, but my mind stayed awake. I didn't get any kind of vision or HI at all while trying to WILD...my vision was just plain dark the whole time and I felt SP set in.

Now what happened next is really amazing. Usually when people have auditory hallucinations from going from waking to sleep cycle, it's loud sounds, or screaming or something. But SOME people also get music with AH.

And that's what I got in my AH. I hear music..the "TYPE" of music that I compose except it just came to me and it was MUCH better. When I say the music came to me, I mean I didn't even "consciously" think about music at all. The music literally like flowed through me or something. Not only that but it was AMAZING how it was structured. This was definitely NOT like waking life, in which I would just "think up" a composition that sounds good.

I mean I could control it and everything, like i could change the hi-hats, change the drums, even quantize it, and It was all in PERFECT clarity. This all sounded so real, but it was all in my mind. It literally sounded like I head headphones on my ears. When I say I could change the the music that was being played, I could but not "consciously" change it.. It's kinda hard to explain it, but you kinda "feel" the beat and "feel" the change. That's the best way to put it.

It's funny how it works, with the conscious mind, you work your way up to a composition. You start with the small details THEN you get the whole picture.
      But with the subconscious mind, you get the WHOLE COMPOSITION( You FEEL the whole composition ), and must break it down with the conscious mind. ( NOW WHICH ONE SOUNDS FUNNER?? )

IF I connect with the subconscious and waking life, the music will just flow through me and I can record it, WHILE i hear it in my mind. Instead of rambling thoughts, I would actually hear music from the subconscious in my head.

I'm still kind of blown away by this. I think I had a small "auditory" lucid dream..with no vision. Probably because I practice music so much.

I MUST connect with the subconscious mind in waking life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Last edited by Majestic; 01-24-2010 at 01:45 PM.

San Antonio, TX
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by HaRd_WiReD View Post
      I'm still kind of blown away by this. I think I had a small "auditory" lucid dream..with no vision. Probably because I practice music so much.

Sweet experience! I'm not musical at all, I can't even remember hearing music in my dreams But sometimes when I close my eyes, an amazing and vivid sight just unfolds right then and there. And then I think how much I want to paint it. But when it actually comes time to painting or creating art, I have trouble recapturing the simple magic. Like, my brain is just too logical when I paint.

I MUST connect with the subconscious mind in waking life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      tell me about it!

BTW, what kind of music do you like to create?

DJ Entries
      Hard_Wired...I had an experience just like that only with me it involved auditory hallucinations and visual hallucinations of myself playing the piano and I was composing this intricately amazing song. After the HI was over I woke myself up instead of entering a lucid dream because I wanted to write it down or try to play it on the piano...but I ended up forgetting a great deal of it. I have no doubt that music can just flow through us, from pure source, through our subconscious, when and if we are open to accept it.

This thread is awesome. I am definitely training myself to be able to converse with my subconscious. Thanks for posting this!

LD Count
      Burlingtown, Vermont
      DJ Entries
      I've had that experience with music before. Sometimes in a heightened state of consciousness things just connect like that, and the music starts pouring out. The problem is it comes and leaves so quick. I wish I could control it or something, but it seems like it was a lack of trying to control things that made the mental state come to begin with. Its an incredible thing to experience.

Eat,Sleep,Breathe MUSIC
      BTW, what kind of music do you like to create?
      Mostly hip hop beats. But I actually come up with compositions that are pretty creative, and not what you would hear on the radio or anything. I can do trance/techno beats too, but I don't really do those a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquanina View Post
      I have no doubt that music can just flow through us, from pure source, through our subconscious, when and if we are open to accept it.
      Yes I think that's where its coming from. And that is my goal, to have music flow through me directly like it did in that dream I had.

I wish I could control it or something, but it seems like it was a lack of trying to control things that made the mental state come to begin with. Its an incredible thing to experience.
      Yes, I think we just have to listen and go with the flow.

As for subconscious communication, I think it will help if every time you hear something, or talk to someone, or even think of something, visualize what it looks like instead of just thought-words. Visualization is using the subconscious mind and not the conscious-detailed-orientated mind.

---------------------------------------------------------------

There is something called automatic writing, where you get some paper and write down a question with the hand you write with. Then answer it in the non-dominant hand.

2 days ago I tried this. I wrote down some questions with my left hand( i'm a lefty ) and answered with my right hand. (answering in the non-dominant hand may take some time ) I felt like I was making some of it up. But then kind just started doodling and writing anything that came to mind ( it was automatic with the right hand ) something interesting came up. I wasn't even consciously aware that i had wrote it until i stopped writing.

This isn't exactly VERBAL communication with the subconscious, but it's written communication, so it's a step in the right direction.

http://www.mindperk.com/resources/ar...c-Writing.html
      http://new-age-beliefs.suite101.com/...omatic_writing
      http://www.ehow.com/how_2149930_prac...c-writing.html

This exercise boosts creativity, and the right-brain, where the subconscious lies.

The message I got was telling me to work on a composition that I got but didn't finish( it actually just said the name of the composition). I guess that was on my subconscious mind, because i definitely wasn't thinking about it consciously.
      Last edited by Majestic; 01-26-2010 at 01:37 PM.

DJ Entries
      I had a really awesome dream last night, and I was able to interpret what it all means to me. This I thinks, is thanks to the time I spent last night initiating communication between my conscious and subconscious.

http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...&postcount=179

The above dream is extremely interesting because it is RIPE with symbolism and metaphors. I cannot take one part of that dream and not find something significant about it. As bizarre and absolutely absurd as some things seems to be, when weighed against my current life situations, it does actually make sense. What is even stranger is that last night before bed I spent maybe 15 minutes or so actively trying to open up a direct line of communication between my conscious and subconscious mind (after reading Hard_Wired's thread about the subject). I took a little walk and called my subconscious from a phone booth up the street. There wasn't much said, I only expressed a desire to be able to more openly communicate. I did a few other exercises that I read in the linked articles in that thread, such as thinking about words and trying to understand and interpret my subconscious feelings about the words, as well as using visualizations to help further communication in this relationship.

So I think that this dream, and the fact that I can find so much meaning in it, is a testament to the fact that I have begun to open up communications between conscious and subconscious...and leads me to further believe that dreams are not as senseless or random as they sometimes seem to be.
      Also when I was on LSDXM I started doing automatic writing and got some really weird things. I started writing like with completely different handwriting, like same handwriting that wrote the constitution. It was bizarre, but I was no controlling it at all. I just let it happen.

San Antonio, TX
      DJ Entries
      I had a really awesome dream last night, and I was able to interpret what it all means to me.

We should totally have a DV sleepover! Well..hopefully not one that went like that one..

I did another visualization today. I was home all day and I could barely sit still. So I thought it was time for some guidance. I listen to Shakti's audio guide me through the beginning. Even though Shakti was having me walk through my inner sanctuary, I couldn't focus on anything!! I couldn't tell you if there was a tree over here or a bush over there, everything was just too random. Random. Random. Well...go figure because in a short while I start to fall asleep.

Realizing my mistake (I was laying down) I sit up completely and try again.

I have a much easier time focusing on my inner sanctuary. It's stable now, with very distinct aspects. I've had two different sanctuaries in the past. This time, I merge them. They merged very nicely. I spend some time enjoying my sanctuary. My fruit tree is the center again. But now it's also the center of my hot spring that I can dip my feet in.

It's time to invite my Wise Being. My Wise Being last time was a dragon. In my dreams, my dragon eventually transformed into a purplish Krishna look alike. Following the pattern in my dream, it felt appropriate this time to imagine my Wise Being as the purplish Krishna look alike.

My purple Wise Being springs to life! Shakti prompts us to greet our Wise Being, but my Wise Being doesn't waste a moment and quickly goes to the tree in the center. So I follow him. He bows down before the fruit tree. I figured I should do the same.

As we both honor the fruit tree, it grows into enormous heights!! He smiles and leads me to the base of the giant fruit tree. He places his hand on the tree and says "Mother!". You mean, as in the Goddess? I'm happy to finally understand what my Tree represents and that it is always the center of my sanctuary.

Finally after doing this he lets me greet him more properly. Shakti prompts us to ask if our Wise Being has a message.

When I ask "Do you have a message for me?" I was thinking so logically, and expecting such a logical answer that the entire visualization almost melted away!! I quickly center myself and refocus on the visualization. My Wise Being prompts me to eat a fruit of the Tree.

A fruit falls several stories and I catch it. I take a juicy bite! Oh! Theres a nasty worm inside! I drop the fruit and it explodes into a dozen earth worms. I'm upset. Did I do something wrong? Is there something wrong with my Tree?

Shakti prompts us again to ask something, but my Wise Being quickly interrupts me and says "No...I'm not done. Watch." So I watch the earth worms as the squirm out of the hot springs and onto the soft earthy soil. They dig into the soil and burst into colorful tropical plants. Nice! I'm not exactly sure I got the message though

Finally I get to ask my question, and I ask about what job should I have now? (Im currently job hunting). And he quickly answers "Landscape Design". The answer was too quick I think! For all I know that's just my random mind talking. Plus, I'm talking about a job right NOW, I can't do landscape design NOW.

Remembering this thread (thank you!) I ask him again except this time I say "And can you give me an answer using imagery only?"

Off in a distance giant buildings erupt!! They grow green roofs and window gardens....Okay okay I get the message. Though I've gotten this message at least three times, it still freaks me out! So I ask "Does this mean I should go back to school, and again, can you answer using imagery only?"

My entire garden disappears and instead all I see is a giant black board with giant letters that read SCHOOL!! Alright I get it!!

I thank my Dragon/Purple Being, and I ask one more question before ending the visualization. The odd thing is...I don't even remember what I asked . I remember everything else! I do remember that I did not get a direct answer of any kind at first. Instead when I opened my eyes I get an intense feeling that I should work on my paintings. And that's that!

If you do a visualization like this you NEED to write it down after having it. Why? It's so easy to walk away from this and say "just a day dream". But when you write it down and relive it, you start to integrate the experience. After writing down my experience in my journal I had so many more questions I wanted to ask!!! I mean..the experience makes so much sense for me. Technically, IVE BEEN JOB HUNTING FOR TWO YEARS!

Whats that saying, doing the same thing to get different results is insane?? Communication has commenced!!

Eat,Sleep,Breathe MUSIC
      I have no doubt that music can just flow through us, from pure source, through our subconscious, when and if we are open to accept it.
      Yes. I know meditation is important, and having a clear conscious mind, so the subconscious can flow through. But how long before it works?

I need this connection now, but its difficult. Are we supposed to just stop all conscious thoughts for the entire day. Someone told me this is how "kundalini" is awakened, where the divine cosmic energy is flowing through you completely. Actually an aim buddy keeps telling me to do this. But walking around with no logical thoughts at all is tough. Very tough. I'm not ready to try and do this "kundalini awakening" yet. I'd have to change my entire lifestyle. damn, why can't this be easy.
      Last edited by Majestic; 02-06-2010 at 08:10 AM.

LD Count
      Burlingtown, Vermont
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by HaRd_WiReD View Post
      Yes. I know meditation is important, and having a clear conscious mind, so the subconscious can flow through. But how long before it works?

I need this connection now, but its difficult. Are we supposed to just stop all conscious thoughts for the entire day. Someone told me this is how "kundalini" is awakened, where the divine cosmic energy is flowing through you completely. Actually an aim buddy keeps telling me to do this. But walking around with no logical thoughts at all is tough. Very tough. I'm not ready to try and do this "kundalini awakening" yet. I'd have to change my entire lifestyle. damn, why can't this be easy.
      Yeah I feel the same way a lot. I've read so much about this kind of stuff and feel that I understand the practices very well now, but its so difficult to keep awareness and concentration when reactive thoughts keep chipping away at them. I'm sure if we keep the intention though it'll get here eventually. It really seems like it should be easier though...

TN
      Communicating with your subconscious is easy & you have it right NOW. It happens all day everyday. Can we cultivate it to make it more rewarding? Sure!

Your subconscious communicates not just in voices but in pictures feelings, sensations, smells, insight & intuition. We are all different. Not everyone is a auditorily dominant. My two dominant senses are sight and feeling.

It requires no significant external changes in your lifestyle either.

If you would like more information about the subconscious check out Beyond Positive Thinking by Dr Robert Anthony or anything by Dr. Robert Anthony. If you would like more info on turning of your inner dialog then try Realizing The Power of Now (Audiobook) or The Power of Now (Paperback/Audiobook) by Ekhart Tolle. I prefer Realizing the Power of Now.

Everytime we get an idea, an insight, feeling or, response from within ourselves it is our subconscious talking to us. Your own resistance to this idea is probably your subconscious saying this might not be the only way. Ask questions. =0)
      Thought plus emotion creates attitude. Attitude plus action creates experience and experience determines reality

Banned
      Talking with your subconsciousness..it would depend upon your mind set and man himself evaluate the whole day in loneliness whether it is positive or he is talking something what he is disgustingly little bit bad...i am pretty much agree..but better way to recognize your self ..talk / communicate with good peoples..

Jessie Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      USA
      I can feel my subconscious is trying to tell me stuff all the time!!... but the message gets lost in translation somehow I guess cause i don't know how to interpret what i get... I think it speaks to me and then I go like I'm sure my subconscious is in there going like (why don't you listen to me!!!)

LOL

This is an amazing thread BTW... THANKS!!!
      Talk to a dream character (X), Have a shared dream and go to the moon ( ), Go to the Bottom of the ocean in an Astral Projection ( ), Meet my higher self or a higher anything!! ( )...

TN
      The subconscious mind also commonly voices its opinion through doubt. Listen to the resistance and renegotiate your conclusions or contracts with yourself. The way you see things is your subconscious mind reflecting to you your view of the world. Your attitude in short is your conditioned subconscious mind.

When you are attacted to or repulsed over food or sexual desires or have an emotional response to anything whether it be real or imaginary then you are effectively communicating with your subconscious mind.

LD Count
      5 DLID 2 WILD
      My subconscious plays a lot with music I compose or sing. Sometimes it decides to play music i haven't heard in years- or ever!
      Hgld1234 wuz here!

My dream goals

Complete a ToTM [] Hypnotize a DC [] Summon a DC [X] Teleport [X] Play with fire []

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast