• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Denise's dream journal

I keep a book next to my bed, with a pen, so I can instantly write down my dreams when I remember them. I thought it might be a good idea to keep a dream journal on LD4all as well though, so I'll post them here now too. Might get some feedback/tips about the dreams ^^

Dark red = Normal Dream
      Green = Lucid Dream

To do list
      -Fly
      -Meet dream guide
      -Meet spirit Guide
      -Meet SC
      -Beat nightmare
      -Talk to dream character
      -Transform
      -Talk to an idol
      -Meet grandparents

Normal Dream 28-08-2009
      Dreamt about T and Y. We were in some unknown house, and I recall the attic being very comfortable, and peacefull. I think this is because I sleep at T and Y's place alot, and I always sleep in the attic, so I guess that's why it seemed comfortable to me. We were going to see a scary movie, even though it wasn't a scary dream. And somehow, we were going to prank Y, by putting some sort of special letter in a drawer, and if he'd open the drawer, he'd get scared or something vague like that. Thats all I remember about this dream.

Normal Dream 29-08-2009
      I was in a house, preparing dinner for my supposed parents in law, and I made pasta. I remember this well, because I like pasta () I had to go get something from the grocery store so I walked over there. The walk seemed to take an awefull long time, and on the way I met three of my old friends. I remember walking past them, trying to act real cool, and I got involved in a conversation with them. Then L (one of the 3 guys) told me his parents got scammed for 50.000 euro, and it had something to do with a helicopter. I was kind of aware at the last bit of my dream, but I woke up at this point.

(Light) Lucid Dream! 29-08-2009
      Ok, so I got this done by the WBTB technique, sort of. I woke up after my last dream, got out of bed to let my friends out (they were staying over at my place), read in my book about LD, and went back to sleep. I remember flying alongside a highway, with alot of traffic. There was energy coming from under my feet. Then I started questioning myself wether I was dreaming or not. Suddenly I realised I was FLYING, so I had to be dreaming. Then I took control of my body, and found out flying was harder then I expected. I somehow helped myself, by 'getting' this kind of blue wing things that were attached to my hand, but the wind was strong, and it was still hard for me to fly. I had fun for a little while though, but I woke up soon again. Shame I wasn't fully aware of my possibility's.
      This was a light LD though.

Normal Dream 30-08-2009

I went to some sort of music festival with 2 of my friends. Somehow there was panic on the campsites of the festival, because a disease broke out. My friend N got it first, and he went mental. He started running around, and screamed and his face turned black slowly. Later on, I remember looking at myself in the mirror (I'm so sad I didn't realise I should have done a RC at this point), and I had a black pimple on my face, but recalled it should be mud or anything. Then my friend T got it as well, and when he went crazy, he just kind of disappeared. A bit later my face started turning black as well, and then I woke up.

Normal Dream 01-09-2009
      Was at N's place, and we were playing a silly computer game, that somehow we got really hooked on. (I'm not really ((and really not)) into computer games.) And the last thing that I remember about this dream, is that I told N I was definately going to check it out and play it for myself too. (In my notebook, I also wrote: BORING DREAM)

Well, thats it so far ^^ Comments are always appreciated!

Sydney
      Hi Denise, welcome to DV! Looks like your doing pretty well here, you've had one LD already! It takes a lot of people a long time to become lucid so don't despair!
      One thing i can tell you though is that if you stick with it and keep doing RCs and all that stuff you will improve. EWOLD is an excellent resource, I found the exercises on prospective memory very helpful.
      Having an online journal is a good idea as well. Getting feedback is a good way to stay motivated to keep journalling.
      As for your drop in recall lately, it could be any number of things. Diet and sleep patterns are pretty important factors and so is stress (maybe from work?). Recall does come and go for everyone though and its hard to pin down reasons. If you want to give it a boost you could try supplements like vitamin B6.
      Lucid Count: 12
      MILD: 2
      DILD: 9
      DEILD: 1

Dream Journal click here

Quote Originally Posted by packmania View Post
      Hi Denise, welcome to DV! Looks like your doing pretty well here, you've had one LD already! It takes a lot of people a long time to become lucid so don't despair!
      One thing i can tell you though is that if you stick with it and keep doing RCs and all that stuff you will improve. EWOLD is an excellent resource, I found the exercises on prospective memory very helpful.
      Having an online journal is a good idea as well. Getting feedback is a good way to stay motivated to keep journalling.
      As for your drop in recall lately, it could be any number of things. Diet and sleep patterns are pretty important factors and so is stress (maybe from work?). Recall does come and go for everyone though and its hard to pin down reasons. If you want to give it a boost you could try supplements like vitamin B6.
      Thanks for the comment It kinda soothed me ^^

EWOLD is an excellent resource, I found the exercises on prospective memory very helpful.
      Which one do you mean? At what page is it?

anyway, here a little update:

Normal Dream 03-09-2009
      I was walking through a huge empty mall, with M, on the way to F's birthday party. I remember we couldn't stay long at her party (apparently it was morning), because we were going to Reading/Leeds festival, which somehow was in holland. Some more stuff happened but like I told.. my dream recall dropped loads. At some point I used one of those.. tongue-cleaner things, I have no clue why, but I was seriously disgusted by it. And I also cut my hair, like real shot, which upset W (another friend of mine).
      Then M and I were at the actual festival which kinda reminded me of a dream I had a long while ago.

Normal Dream 05-09-2009
      I was sitting in my room, behind my computer, when my parents came in with my neice, to say hello. I have no clue why, but it was really vivid, I could really see my neice well. (She's 4, btw).

This was also the day I may have had my first WILD. I was in bed, and really tired, so I swiftly dozed off, and I saw a vision of some guy that I work with. At this point I was still aware of all my surroundings, and suddenly the word 'Awake' or 'Aware' flashed next to the guy I work with. Then I was like, OH MY GOD I'M AWARE OF MY DREAM, and I woke up instantly.

Normal Dream 10-09-2009
      "Don't remember any dreams lately. Really a shame. I recall only a fragment of my dream tonight.

I was at work, and P was telling me some story. Also he might have been scolding at G, but I'm not sure.

Also had another dream which had me dancing with R. Which is funny, cause I haven't seen R in ages."

Thats it
      Last edited by Denise; 09-13-2009 at 04:30 PM.

Sydney
      I'm not sure of the page number, a friend of mine has my copy at the moment. Its towards the start of the book though. What the exercise is basically is you pick something at the start of the day - say walking through a doorway - and every time you do that you have to remember to do a reality check. Its difficult at first, but it trains you to "remember to remember".
      Another thing which may help, apparently wearing a regular sleeping mask (like the ones you get on a plane) is good for improving recall. I haven't tried it yet but its worth a shot. In the mean time keep writing down those fragments!
      Lucid Count: 12
      MILD: 2
      DILD: 9
      DEILD: 1

Dream Journal click here

I'm not sure of the page number, a friend of mine has my copy at the moment. Its towards the start of the book though. What the exercise is basically is you pick something at the start of the day - say walking through a doorway - and every time you do that you have to remember to do a reality check. Its difficult at first, but it trains you to "remember to remember".
      Another thing which may help, apparently wearing a regular sleeping mask (like the ones you get on a plane) is good for improving recall. I haven't tried it yet but its worth a shot. In the mean time keep writing down those fragments!
      Ah, I know which one you mean.

Yesterday evening I used MILD to try to improve my dream recall, by saying to myself: "When I wake up, I'll remember my dreams".... except it didn't work. I'll just keep on trying!

Quick little update, keep them fragments coming!

Tonight, I used a different 'technique' I put my DJ open on my nightstand, and had already filled in the date of the day, hoping to recall more of my dream, somehow.

Normal Dream 16-09-2009
      "Was at some prom event, and I was wearing an amazing dress. I remember walking past some people real proud. Maybe a little too proud. Also something about my mom cleaning my room? Weird."

LD Count
      Over 9,000
      Mm, like what I see in here so far. ^_^ Though you've had one light lucid dream, you're being consistent with your Dream Journal which will improve your recall and gradually condition your mind to the world of conscious dreaming.
      Last edited by Jeff777; 09-18-2009 at 10:19 AM.
      Things are not as they seem