Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Like Tree3Likes

Thread: How DO you do it?

LD Count
      Many
      In a cold, cold place...
      DJ Entries

How DO you do it?

OK, this thread is on control. Simply control. Like, how to do something in the LD that you just couldn't do! This is the thread to talk about all of your solutions. It can be anything from flying to teleporting to shrinking- anything. So, tell us what you've done, have thought of before, or post a dream of yours where you solved a problem-anything like that!

We all have read over those flying threads ("all"), and have read up on how certain people fly, but this isn't that thread. This is the thread where you can solve the problem where you just couldn't fly, but thought of a creative solution. I am not looking for the obvious answer of: just BELIEVE! For me at least, there is a different way to go about solving LD control issues. So, give me your ideas!

My suggestions are in red, since I have so much text! I have SO many, I'll probably get to more later! I may also say some "obvious" answers to solutions which many of you know of/thought of.

Flying. The obvious one. So, you're tellin yourself that you wanna go flyin, so you start to take off-only you just couldn't, no matter how hard you tried in telling yourself you could take off, after all it's a dream! Ugh! Well...here are some possible solutions to this dilema :

- Look at your feet, and picture them going off of the ground, up, up, up you go! Or, you could just look at something above, and imagine yourself being pulled to it.

- Ask a dream character for help. There's a couple of ways you could go about this:

-ask/"think" that the DC will help you with flying. Hold their hand, or be on their back! It doesn't HAVE to be awkward.

I just did this last night! I sometimes just don't want to mess with my flying not to work, in a sense, and go with this tried and true method!

Quote Originally Posted by lucidreamsavy
      I went on my dad's back, and he flew up (I didn't want to NOT suceed with flying, and I knew this way would work), and we went a good amount above the house, but not too high. I then "think" what I want him to do, and he flies some to the right. Then, we go down...
      -ask a DC to blow you up with air/helium (I didn't come up with this FYI, I saw this in a thread, and I think it's genius )

This dream is a combo of my two previous suggestions. It is part of the dream.

I am lucid, and am just walking on the sidewalks. Then, I decide I want to fly to the other side of the road. So, I do rather low. Then, I try to fly again, but to no avail. No worries, I have some tricks up my sleeve! I go up to this odd looking, old DC with a hat and large coat on. I ask for his help with flying. Instead of him guiding me, he gives me his coat (I love it when DC's do random things that you don't expect in LD's!) , then he pumps some air into it, aparently helium, because, I wanted to fly, so the helium carried me! I am going higher up the edges of this tall building.
      -ask for him to tell you how to fly. You don't have to listen, but it could just get your confidence up a bit!

-Try to go up/walk up to something high, then fall, and you should be able to fly. In order to find something high, you could just expect to see it behind you or something .

-Find the control panel to turn off gravity!

-find pixie dust and sprinkle yourself with it!

Teleporting. Another thing that many of us do. So, you wanna go to the ice cream parlor, and don't want to be stuck in your stupid dream neighborhood, so you decide to teleport. You see a mirror, and hope for the best. Thing is, you then notice you're still here...

-The best thing, I find, to do, is just get near it, then close your eyes to teleport.

I did it in this dream, as well as many other dreams:

I "decide" to become lucid. I wanted to travel through the tv to the awesome balloon! So, I do. I come close to it, then close my eyes, and immerse myself in the tv! I see me at the back of it, still traveling through, behind the tv, and I had felt a little bit of the electryicity surge through my body! It didn't hurt, but felt cool!

-Find a new way to teleport. One awesome way to teleport is through a book, because then you can just try to close the book on you!

Did it in this one:

After a bit, I remember the TOTM! YAY! The advanced one, to fly through truffala trees. So, I get up, and stand in the front of the room, and ask if anyone has a Dr. Suess book, the one with trufulla trees in it. One person hands me a Dr. Suess books, but it's the foot one! Someone else then gives me the suitable one. I go through it to see which picture in the book I want to teleport to. I find the right page, for some reason I wanted this page . There were the trees in it, but part of it looked kinda dark, like, "shadows". I gesture for the guy that I was kissing to come by me. I put the book on the floor, and put my body in it. My top is still out. The guy starts to come into the book with me, he is taller then me, so has his half of his body in. He doesn't know what to do with getting in the rest of the way, so I just shut the book, which brings him in.
      -Many people find that making a portal is helpful, too, because then you REALLY can believe that it will work!

If any of you have any ideas of topics to try, shoot, or any issues. I'll see what I've got .
      Last edited by lucidreamsavy; 03-26-2010 at 12:00 AM.
      Kraftwerk and Mancon123 like this.
      If you see a strange typo in my post, blame my iPad for that.

Short story series about LD'ing:
      http://www.dreamviews.com/artists-corner/140705-short-story-series-community-involvement-needed.html#post1990516

Adversary Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      DJ Entries
      Look at your feet, and picture them going off of the ground, up, up, up you go!
      Looking down to go up? This might work for you, but it seems counterintuitive to me. Concentrating on the ground would probably draw me closer to it.

I do like coming up with new solutions for flying/teleporting, though. I've been trying out a portal that dissolves the fabric of the dream to create a new one. We'll see how that works out, long term.

I pick up a half-eaten copy of a book by Neil Gaiman, and decide this is all his fault.

LRT
      Light Rail Transit
      LD Count
      Toronto
      DJ Entries
      To fly, I just forget about the ground.

Unwilling, Improper EspadaInMyCloset's Avatar
      LD Count
      Portal of awesomeness. I've never used a portal

Go insane for me, I'm that selfish you see
      We're a wicked rhyme, a line followed
      By the darkest picture, making everyone cry

Some Insane Bitch ReachingForTheDream's Avatar
      DJ Entries
      For flying, sometimes I flap my arms like a bird. I often did this when I was younger in non-lucids. One time, I was thinking in my dream about how I could fly and how it was so easy xD

As for anything I want, I usually demand it, I yell it, scream it, shake my fist at it, and often it happens. Asking politely doesn't seem to work for me, lmao.
      Lolwut.

DJ Entries
      Flying
      I've imagined spawning wings while flinging my arms out. On the two occasions I've remembered to try this (since this idea is still new to me), the first time was successful, but the wings disappeared. Second time, the wings didn't spawn

When the wings didn't spawn, I just closed my eyes and pushed off the ground. I was flying blind, but I figured once I get going, I'd be okay (which was true).

Teleportation
      This... just seems to work for me I open a portal which looks like a mage portal in warcraft. Essentially you get this tear that you can see the intended destination through. I won't go through one unless I can see my destination so I don't lose lucidity. At this point, it's just like stepping through a door.

Creating fire from my hands
      I feel heat in my palms. That's the thing about creating things like fire, water or lightening balls. If you're having troubles creating them, try feeling them with your dream senses. Fire would obviously be warm, so feel your hands becoming warm.

Summoning/Morphing
      When I want to summon a person, I usually just think that I'll turn around and they'll be standing there. Other people have reported opening a door and finding them.

Morphing is basically just a thought process. I don't want that dog to have black fur, it should have white fur... I just will it to change and it does. I would assume if you can't watch something change, then you could probably just close your eyes and believe that the dog will be white when you open them

Wha...
      LD Count
      Starting Anew
      How do you guys shape shift? That seems to be my biggest road/mind block in dreams

DJ Entries
      I haven't tried it yet! Try sending a private message to WakingNomad, he shape shifts a lot in his dreams (and into some very unique combinations!).

DJ Entries
      Last night, there I was surrounded by darkness with dark things moving around in it, so I needed some light to chase away the darkness.

I started singing AC/DC's Let there be Rock. The first line of the chorus is "Let there be light! And there was light". Worked like a charm.

The rest of the chorus didn't bring sound, drums, guitar or rock, but I wasn't trying to manifest those.

DJ Entries
      Well for me, my third LD is the one I had some good control in and lasted long enough to try whatever I wanted to do. For flying, I tried to buy a pill(why not summon it ) but since I lost the pill after a DC who was a roomate gave it to me, I tried to grow some wings but the dream ended before I finished and thus was unable to fly
      # of LDs so far: DILD-1, WILD-0, Awareness-5
      Max Dreams recalled in one night: 3
      Goals: Learn to fly [] - Find out more about myself [] - Explore the sea [] - Pray in an LD []
      Read my DJ: Whirlwind of Dreams
      Read my current research: CAT Research
      Read my meditation experiences: Meditation Experiences

Lurker
      Shape shifting is something I enjoy, but probably in a different way then most people. I like to stretch my body parts, like my neck, fingers, arms, etc. Usually I just grab the body part and stretch like you might stretch out clay. Sometimes I'll spawn additional body parts, like extra arms so I can do fun stuff. The way I do that is just grab at my skin where I want the extra limb, a love handle is a good example, and just pull it until it becomes a little stump. Then I just think that an arm is growing there and voila, extra arm!

I've been able to do the same with my legs, but I've only managed to shift myself into a centaur once, and that was only because I was already a centaur when I became lucid.

Drowning in Dreams Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal
      <span class='glow_8B0000'>Zhaylin</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      c. 6 since join
      Central West Virginia, USA
      DJ Entries
      Flying is so easy for me. I used to fly as if I was swimming (not a breast stroke or doggy paddle though lol, more like relaxed side kicks).
      To get off the ground, I would imagine the air as water and something I could grab, then I would grab the air and "kick off" with my feet (as if swimming up from the bottom of a pool).

Now-a-days, I fly using a sort of sustained levitation. Sometimes, looking down does help. I project a sort of force field from my palms or mind. I look down, then sometimes make hand signals (gently pressing my hands downwards) and I rise from the ground. If there are buildings near me, I sometimes "pull" myself toward them.
      If I've gone too high, I'll make a stopping above my head and push down from above... or I'll pull myself toward the ground.

It sounds more complicated than it actually is.

I would like to morph, but I just never think of it when I'm dreaming lol.
      Same with teleporting

I've shot flames or (more usually) air from my palms before. I've never really paid attention to the specifics though.

I'll definitely have to try some of the suggestions here.
      lucidreamsavy likes this.

Miss Sixy <span class='glow_FFFFFF'>Maria92</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      Mortal Mist
      Seiren
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by DatDreamer View Post
      How do you guys shape shift? That seems to be my biggest road/mind block in dreams
      Reality-bending computer glasses. My universal solution to everything. That, plus good, old-fashioned magic. Wands, energy beams, spells, concentration, whatever works.

Haven't played around with any of the others.

Click the sig for my Dream Journal
      444 Dreams Recalled
      13 Lucid Dreams

Member Achievements:
      5000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries
      I find it easy to fly, make portals, go through walls, throw energy balls, make people appear, disappear... but I really have trouble stabilizing my dream :S

I know I have to spin around, look at my hands, rub my hands, yell "Clarity!", touch the roof of my mouth with my tongue, feel the ground under my feet, ETC. But I always have trouble doing this, my dream is usually too dark and I can't seem to stabilize it. Most of the times I spend my whole dream stabilizing, and waking up while at it. Also, sometimes my balance is completely off and I can make it go away for a little while by shouting "NONE OF THIS SHIT TONIGHT" (yes, that gives me more balance), but is there a better way to stabilize the dream, and gain balance? what has worked for you guys?
      Spoiler for Goals:

LD Count
      Many
      In a cold, cold place...
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by AndresLD View Post
      I find it easy to fly, make portals, go through walls, throw energy balls, make people appear, disappear... but I really have trouble stabilizing my dream :S

I know I have to spin around, look at my hands, rub my hands, yell "Clarity!", touch the roof of my mouth with my tongue, feel the ground under my feet, ETC. But I always have trouble doing this, my dream is usually too dark and I can't seem to stabilize it. Most of the times I spend my whole dream stabilizing, and waking up while at it. Also, sometimes my balance is completely off and I can make it go away for a little while by shouting "NONE OF THIS SHIT TONIGHT" (yes, that gives me more balance), but is there a better way to stabilize the dream, and gain balance? what has worked for you guys?
      Well, for me, I'm kinda bad at stabilizing XD. I won't do it automatically...just when I feel things fading, or are about to, but most often forget even then. I usually look at my hands, and that works, but only for a minute. Sometimes it does work...not usually though.

If you wanna make it light out, since you said how it's always dark, I do know how to do that.

To make it light out
      , I like to just look at the sky, and imagine it getting brighter starting from the horizon, and keep looking up, then it's all bright .

Closing your eyes, and telling yourself that it will be light out when you open them would work too!
      Last edited by lucidreamsavy; 03-28-2010 at 02:36 AM.

http://www.dreamviews.com/artists-corner/140705-short-story-series-community-involvement-needed.html#post1990516

DJ Entries

Pretty funny actually
      # of LDs so far: DILD-1, WILD-0, Awareness-5
      Max Dreams recalled in one night: 3
      Goals: Learn to fly [] - Find out more about myself [] - Explore the sea [] - Pray in an LD []
      Read my DJ: Whirlwind of Dreams
      Read my current research: CAT Research
      Read my meditation experiences: Meditation Experiences

Scotland
      For flyingA variation on the DC helium blow up one. If you aren't near any DCs and aren't good at summoning them you could hold your mouth closed with your hand and blow and then you would expand like a balloon and just float around.
      LD Goals:
      Fly
      Destroy a house without using superpowers
      Learn to swim(I can't in real life)
      Unicycle(I can in real life)
      Visit A Fantasy Land
      Become invisible

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      México
      DJ Entries
      Hm, control in general for me needs a reason to be, therefore, I just imagine my energy flowing into whatever I want to control, and then start from there, example.

Controling the earth below you: Imagine energy flowing into it, then imagine it blending with the ground, and then imagine moving it along with the ground, make spikes, make it fly, make it protect you, just move your own energy!

LD Count
      In the sky
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by hawheehawhee View Post
      For flyingA variation on the DC helium blow up one. If you aren't near any DCs and aren't good at summoning them you could hold your mouth closed with your hand and blow and then you would expand like a balloon and just float around.
      Or you could find a can of Coke and drink it, and because Coke contains carbonation and it will fill you up with gas.

Since it is a lucid dream you can make the gas lighter than air.
      Formerly known as: the dream Dragon

Member Achievements:
      5000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by lucidreamsavy View Post

To make it light out
      , I like to just look at the sky, and imagine it getting brighter starting from the horizon, and keep looking up, then it's all bright .

Closing your eyes, and telling yourself that it will be light out when you open them would work too!
      I'll try this on my next lucid, thanks
      Spoiler for Goals:

LD Count
      Many
      In a cold, cold place...
      DJ Entries
      I'll try this on my next lucid, thanks
      Cool, glad I could help ! Post that dream here once you have it!

LD Count
      Many
      In a cold, cold place...
      DJ Entries
      I had a LD last night where I came up with an obvious approach to something... I haven't ever thought of it before! In it, (I was only semi lucid, so wanted something random) I was just wanting to sit at an empty table, but there was none. I wanted one to appear, me to make it appear. But, I ask this DC that I THOUGHT was smart, so she was since I thought she was, to make a table appear. I turn back around, and I see an empty table. Then, right out of thin air, she grabs a glass to put on the table!

My point is this, to do just about ANYTHING (though I have in ways mentioned this before), you just must ask a DC that you THINK is intelligent, and good in "super natural dream stuff", and since you think he's smart, he will be, whatever it is you want. Ask him to make something appear, give you something, whatever!

I find this method quite useful, though I haven't used it much. I probably used it because it would be difficult, or at least it seemed like it at the time, to make a large table appear out of no where, so a DC to do it for me was the perfect solution!

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal Referrer Gold Tagger First Class Populated Wall 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      1000+
      Idaho
      DJ Entries
      Flying- Ask a Dream Character for a pair of Iron Man boots. Slip them on and press the "on button". Fly away!

LD Count
      Tons
      Bay Area, California
      DJ Entries
      I normally just imagine it happening, think of how much I want it to happen, and it just comes as a natural part of the dream. I'm often surprised by the unexpected results of my attempted control.

I only ever have problems in those hyper-real lucids, where I have to keep convincing myself I'm dreaming. Those are rare. The problem with them is that they feel so real, it becomes distracting.

Banned
      LD Count
      85+
      Flying: The more you flex your left ankle, the higher you go. Moving your left leg controls direction and speed(the more you move your leg in a direction the faster you will go) and then you just turn by tilting and turning
      (it will feel natural to turn like this)

In experience i find it easier to do things like fly if you have some sort of physical control of something that is causing it. It makes more sense to you and your brain to have something physical controlling it than to just be like "Ima fly".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast