• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Meditation in LD- a free ticket to the Divine!

Meditation in LD- a free ticket to the Divine!

Hello All!!

I used to post here once upon a time, after taking a two year break (only from the forum, not from dreaming!!) I am hoping to get back into the flow.

I would like to share my favorite (BY FAR!) LD's since I last posted. I think in some of my older posts I put up some stuff about my spiritual experiences and how they have effected my dreams, but as I've just returned, this is the stuff i'd like to share first.

About two years ago I was really making headway with my LDing, reaching heights that I remembered in childhood. At the same time I was also getting deep into my meditation practices. One night, while dreaming, I went Lucid and began meditating in my dream (this would make sense as I had been trying to do this AND I had been spending a significant amount of my waking hours in meditation). What I experienced was nothing short of awe.

My mind was thrown into what I can only describe as transcendence. I was far more awake and aware than what waking consciousness usually offers. It is hard to describe in words "where" I was and what I was "looking" at. My mind was not in its usual state, my internal monologue was not operating. The sensation felt as if I was looking up, as if I had been walking around a dark room staring at my feet to suddenly come to the realization there was a bright light above my head. I felt a tremendous exhilitration and hightened state of perception. Like a deer in the headlights, the brilliance of what lay before me held me frozen, captivated. I was in the presence of a brilliant light- but not just any light. It appeared to be pulsating, growing- i can't describe how beautiful it was. From this brilliance was eminating an endless number of pulsating patterns of light, color, and shadow. I was there for what felt like an eternity- every ounce of my being was exhillerated beyond anything I had ever experienced. I felt so alive! And then my mind came back and blam- i woke up. Looking around the room I was in shock. A lingering pixilization of the room gave it an glowing quality.

While in this state, a deep peace filled my entire being, time did not seem to exist, and there was an odd spacial distortion. Even as I picture this experience, I know that I cannot acurately dipict it in my mind. It was actually a place you go, not a memory to be thought of. While there I realized that what we know to be "space" or "distance" doesn't exist in the same way "there". While in the presence of this Entity (as I really do believe it was a living force) there was no sense of "there" or "here"- what i mean to say is what i was looking at existed in the same spacial reference that i did. Where I was, It was...it felt like linking up with a higher frequency. There was a buzzing, a feeling of being lifted. Looking up, out, in, down- like I was in a giant spherical mirror. It was huge, and yet...distance couldn't measure it. It doesn't exist in space, it didn't move through time.

Since having this experience my meditations were opened up- eventually i came to be able to experience this while in wakeful meditation. Wana hear something kinda cool? After some meditation sessions, I would open my eyes and the floor would be liquid lightning...I would look around the room and see a sea of dew drops, as if a sea of stars was superimposed over my field of vision. I noticed my perception hightened. The reason to share things one thinks of as blessings? You want to share it!

I HIGHLY SUGGEST THIS PRACTICE!! Thats the other important aspect of these experiences- you want to share them!!

I would be interested in hearing if anyone has had similar experiences- i've read about some in lucid dreaming books and NDE's.

Im going to post the general techniques i had used in another post soon.

After having these experiences I was looking around in texts and trying to find some answers as i was not expecting what I experienced. In this digital world I was greatly amused to find of all things dun da da dun! A Video!! Of so many people who share out there loopy storys of divinity (and I guess im one of em this lady is right on the frequency!! Please give it a look if any of this sounds interesting, cause she can sum it up better than I can:

http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/ji...f_insight.html

Thanks for reading!

p.s. the video may not be about dreaming, but what I experienced in dreaming sounds (in some ways) similar to what she experienced.

DJ Entries
      Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed the video...but then about halfway through she starts describing the stroke and it sounds exactly like an acid trip lol. Apparently having a stoke is like taking LSD.

That sounds incredible, thank you for sharing. I enjoyed the video and hearing about her experience also, I found the last few minutes particularly moving.
      waving on oceans likes this.

Thanks for reading!

Sorry it was such a long post...but yeah, definitely cool too work on something and gain experiences that are so profound.

Although the video is on a completely different subject, much of the body distortion and the general "feeling" of her experiences rang true to the state I was describing in my post.

Would be really interesting to hear from anyone else who has taken that benediction jump from the dreaming state.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquanina View Post
      Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed the video...but then about halfway through she starts describing the stroke and it sounds exactly like an acid trip lol. Apparently having a stoke is like taking LSD.

YES!! I love the part where she talks about her left brain coming "back on line" and telling herself "THIS IS SO COOL" Totally sounds like a trip...and honestly the intensity of my experience felt similar to a psychedelic trip.

In my personal opinion, I believe that this state of awareness, this experience, is hard-wired in everyone. Anyone can access it, and further, it can be accessed through different methods (or in her case completely unintentionally).

Anyone interested in the methods I used, I will post them when I get a chance...I'll try to keep it short (haha)

Thanks!

That sounds like a really cool and amazing experience. Did you ever repeat that while lucid or try to push the experience even further (if that is at all possible)?

Just a quick thought: I assume that most people have problems meditating in their lucid dreams, because they will lose lucidity very easily when closing their eyes and stop getting visual feedback. At least that is the case with me, losing sight usually means ending the experience.

Anyhow, I would really like to know what your meditation practice look like, so keep it coming.

DJ Entries
      Oh, and I forgot to comment on your OP. Meditating within a lucid dream is extremely powerful. From what I have learned, this is the best way to achieve an astral projection onto the higher plane, unlike the typical AP onto the lowly earth plane that is associated with OBEs during SP/WILD. I knew someone on this forum once who told me about how he used to meditate in his lucid dreams and astral project with spirit guides into higher and higher planes, being tested at each barrier to see if he had loved enough to pass through onto higher levels. You cannot go through these planes without your spirit guides, I have heard other people say this same thing many times here on DV to not believe it has some credibility. If you search for meditation inside LDs you will find some amazing stories!! I have experienced some pretty amazing things from meditation and prayer within my own lucids. I should get back to doing that again. Thanks again for sharing!

Waving on oceans, I'm interested in your meditation practice also. I have never considered meditation while dreaming.
      I will check out the info available on meditating within LDs, it sounds very interesting. Thanks for the tip, Aquanina.

DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by waving on oceans View Post
      The sensation felt as if I was looking up, as if I had been walking around a dark room staring at my feet to suddenly come to the realization there was a bright light above my head. I felt a tremendous exhilitration and hightened state of perception. Like a deer in the headlights, the brilliance of what lay before me held me frozen, captivated. I was in the presence of a brilliant light- but not just any light. It appeared to be pulsating, growing- i can't describe how beautiful it was. From this brilliance was eminating an endless number of pulsating patterns of light, color, and shadow.
      I agree, meditating while lucid is great. When first starting to meditate, I think most people wonder if they are doing it right. But while lucid, you get feedback from the dream.

Perhaps similar to your light, I was getting feedback from the wind. As my thoughts would settle down, the wind would pick up, but if I lost my inner silence, the wind would die down. Made it so much easier to quiet my mind having instant feedback on my progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquanina View Post
      Oh, and I forgot to comment on your OP. Meditating within a lucid dream is extremely powerful. From what I have learned, this is the best way to achieve an astral projection onto the higher plane, unlike the typical AP onto the lowly earth plane that is associated with OBEs during SP/WILD. I knew someone on this forum once who told me about how he used to meditate in his lucid dreams and astral project with spirit guides into higher and higher planes, being tested at each barrier to see if he had loved enough to pass through onto higher levels. You cannot go through these planes without your spirit guides, I have heard other people say this same thing many times here on DV to not believe it has some credibility. If you search for meditation inside LDs you will find some amazing stories!! I have experienced some pretty amazing things from meditation and prayer within my own lucids. I should get back to doing that again. Thanks again for sharing!
      Haha, had to quote the whole message lol...thats awesome to hear!! That is exactly where I would like to go....as far as meeting real "mentors" or "spirit guides" as I used to meet with one when I was very young. I remember long talks with this entity sitting on the roof of my house while being in my dream body. I have the memory of it, yet much of what we talked about is clouded from my memory (which I believe was done on purpose). This person was very wise....hard to talk about it because so much of it is clouded in mystery. I believe one time I came upon this character in a dream....I had been practicing LDing and one night found myself in a dream which took place not far from my house. I looked across the river I was walking along to see low lying clouds covering the bank of the opposite shore. I could tell it was a special dream. As I was looking into the fog I had the sensation of an entity being hidden within, and I thought it might be this person from my childhood dreams or an enlightened being. As soon as i thought this I went lucid and started flying. The landscape and the buildings were identical to where I lived at the time. I passed over my building at least 100-200 feet above with a birds-eye view. As soon as I saw where I lived I felt like I was sucked into it, only to suddenly jump up in bed with the sensation that I had just been thrown back into my body.

Thanks Aquanina...thats the kinda stuff im back here trying to unfold next. I would love to hear more, or talk to your friend about their experiences....are they on this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by lemmefly View Post
      Did you ever repeat that while lucid or try to push the experience even further (if that is at all possible)?
      I have had that dream id say five times...and I have had that experience in non-dream situations (or very similar to...which I call "fringe" experiences) throughout my life. The first time I had this experience was when I was around 5 or 6 years old....while staring at the cracks in the ceiling I slipped into this state completely unintentionally. After I came back I knew something special had happened and I vowed to remember it.

LD Count
      Denmark
      Your story really back up the theories I've been reading about OBE and APs. That we live side by side with other "dimensions" and that visiting them is a matter of shifting frequency. The vibrations felt when WILD'ing or OBE'ing could be explained by that - and that dreams are actually taking place in some kind of other dimension, although thought-responsive.

Thanks.

Techniques for Meditation during LD

As its the Equinox, which just happens to be a Sunday, I figured it would be the perfect time to start putting down some notes on what I was doing during the time I had these Meditation LD's.

Now, unlike simply working on something in the dreamworld or in the realworld- this technique does require a good bit of work in both. The best candidates for this technique would most definitely be those who 1) Have a strong LD background and feel comfortable with having a dream goal and reaching it or 2) Those who have a strong Meditation background- who can silence the mind, hold a thought or image in their singled concentration for long periods of time, and of course those who have attained certain levels of consciousness/experiences through meditation. Now saying that- I believe EVERYONE IS A GOOD CANDIDATE!! All I meant was- those with previous experience will most likely have more initial "luck" with this.

This technique could be considered hard as it took me years of dabbling in both meditation and LDing to figure out: first what I was doing, and second how to combine them to make big strides. BUT the gains are most definitely worth the work and wait (Can't Emphasize This Enough!) The Meditation will strengthen your Dream Control, Dream Recall, and Lucidity in the mean time!! That alone I hope should hook some people into trying it...as it really is worth the effort!! The BIG experience may take months even for the experienced. Don't focus on the goal- there are many many awesome experiences and states of mind along the way you might even forget about the goal on this one (which might help you get there faster).

Meditation:

I will begin with the meditation part as (you may not believe this) it is the harder of the two. Id say 80% of this technique is in the meditation prep and 20% in the dream- because once you do the work, the dream will take care of itself. Personally there are four meditations that I believe are the ones to work on, and they somewhat go in order:

1) Meditation to clear the mind.

This is where to begin. If you don't have experience with meditation I suggest checking out "Be Here Now" by Baba Ram Dass and "An Open Heart" by the Dalai Lama- both have insights into meditation and are both aimed at the beginner. (Id suggest reading them both)

When coming to meditate, you may notice your mind is wandering- endlessly thinking of nonsensical things. This is Meditation's very purpose- grabbing all the loose ends of the mind and bringing them back to center. I like to think of it like this: every thought in your head is running off of your psychic energy. They are all flowing in a million different directions. By slowly calming the mind, watching where the thoughts run to, and calmly pulling those thoughts back into center, quieting them, you regain those little bits of wasted energy. As you begin this practice rely on focusing on the breath when you find your mind wandering. Use the calm of closed eyes and calm breathing to slowly reel in your total attention on the now. With practice you will eventually find you can sit with eyes closed, focusing on simply the peace of a quiet mind for long periods of time. The relaxation and peace derived from this technique are reward enough!

For the above section you are making progress if: you simply sit in quietness without your internal monologue chiming in, you begin to have visual distortions (seeing squiggles of light or electric-like images) while your eyes are closed, begin to have body distortions (feel like parts of your body are moving, shrinking, or expanding when you know they aren't), and if you are having feelings of well-being. This is mostly due to the vacuum of sensory information- separating the strong mind-body ties that hold us to daily reality.

Just like keeping a Dream Journal, don't move on to the second phase until you have a strong base to work off of in the previous section.

2) Meditation to focus single-pointed concentration.

In this phase, one is exercising concentration and single-pointed focus. This would make sense- if you want to explore a thought or a different dimension you can't be losing your focus on it. Placing all your concentration on a single object and holding that concentration is the goal here.

For this type of meditation you can use various techniques: image something and then hold that image in your mind. Don't let your mind wander. It could be anything: an apple, a rainbow, anything....for those who are more spiritual in nature you can focus on an image of Jesus, Buddha, Krishna...and if you are a person of faith i recommend this as (im assuming) these figures would already be points of concentration. The point is to hold this image, idea, persona, for as long as possible without losing your attention. You may find that after just a brief period of time you will find yourself thinking of the dirty socks in the hamper or that funny Seinfeld episode... Ah Ah Ah...reel it back in! At those moments I would tell myself "Fail!" and begin again. If you have trouble visualizing an image then first try focus on a lighted candle in a dim room. Sit there, looking at it, and eventually close your eyes and see the same candle. Hold that image!! The entire point of this exercise is to increase one's concentration and the length of time you can hold that concentration.

You are making progress here if: you can hold an image in the mind without having it become distorted or forgetting about it to entertain other thoughts. Like the previous section you may experience body distortions, but not as much....as you have a focus, there isn't the same vacuum of information going on.

3) Meditation to explore abstractions/analytical meditation.

This meditation is difficult because, well, its abstract!! Im also combining two meditation techniques in this one- not so much that they are so similar, more that they both hold a similar importance- opening the mind.

a) Abstraction- You might think im crazy, but go look up some abstract math ideas to give you a solid idea of what abstract means. To me, abstract means a way of representation that has no direct reference to reality, yet exists as a perfect thought. For example, the x and y axis is an abstract idea. We use it all the time, but it exists only in the mind...yet it is very useful and we know it to be a powerful tool. In abstract meditation we are actually thinking. Now this may seem odd because before we were trying not to think. Well thats part of the beauty- before you get to this meditation you have to tend the garden of your mind. You can't be thinking about abstraction and then suddenly thinking of your dear Auntie Mildred....you wouldn't get anywhere with it! Take an abstract idea and explore it after you have sat, taken your breaths, and cleared your mind. I always think about atoms...how atoms are these representations of something we don't quite understand, and how there are SO MANY of them...it kinda blows your mind (GOOD IN THIS PHASE WE WANT TO BLOW THE MIND!!) Another thought I entertain is how i can picture the x and y axis in my mind, but I know that the points and lines on the graph have no width, and therefore don't exist....yet here they are....in my mind....clear as day.... .... ..... (dots placed here on purpose!!! The abstract thoughts should take you to this place where you are simply ... .... mystified)

b) Analysis- Now in analytical meditation we are thinking again. In this meditation we are using the quieting of mind and focused concentration we have been building upon to hold an internal monologue about a certain idea. Examples would be: The reason for developing Compassion, or The Nature of the Universe. This can be tricky because these meditations can be loaded with Dogma if your not careful. My personal analytical meditations always center on: Time, Space, Atoms, and the Universe. Time: past, present, future. The present separates time past and time future...but what is the present?? If you try to dissect it...the present is this immeasurably small dot on the wheel of time...yet, things exist ONLY in the now as the past is gone and the future yet to be...here i would suggest checking out "The Confessions of St. Augustine". In one of the chapters he has a long dialogue with himself into the nature of time....it is the perfect example of an analytical meditation. Space: space appears to be a measure of distance and relation between objects. Yet, if you break it down, much of how we think of space depends on the juxtaposed relation of two objects. If you dont' know how big two objects are, you can't measure the space between them. Imagine a picture taken in a microscope vs one taken by the Hubble deep space telescope. If you were given these two pictures but not told which was which you might have a hard time telling which picture came from which apparatus...point being...if you divide space smaller and smaller or look outward farther and farther....YOU STILL HAVE THE SAME RELATIVE AMOUNT OF SPACE...The Atoms: Atoms combine both ideas of time and space, for time is measured by change and space is measured by distance. Both of these qualities are DEPENDENT on the existence of atoms...i like to think of them as little score keepers. The changes in flow of energy, chemical reactions, etc. are stored as information in atoms. The changes we see allow us a framework to mark the flow of time. Atoms are also responsible for tracking distance-as they are the marker for separating objects. Constantly moving and vibrating, they create the form of this universe. Yet, they are 99.999% space.....trippy... The Universe: if the universe is filled with these blobs of matter, galaxies, composed of atoms...what exists far far far our there....(Im not really trying to make a point here, just exploring these ideas as deeply as you can and finally coming to the conclusion that there is no logical answer to the riddle is the main point)

Marking success here is very difficult, as it is a very personal experience. Personally I would feel moments of exhilaration when these thoughts would "jell" in my mind and I would look out at the world with a renewed wonder.

4) Meditation on the nature of self/emptiness.

This is where its really at. I highly suggest (if you want to try this) reading as much as you can about meditation. There are many other explorers out there who can describe this better than I can. Buddha said everything is empty...2500 years later modern science basically agrees...matter isn't the answer....its in flux, and mostly empty space. When you take the meditation to its farthest shore, explore your deepest self, and look out at the world you realize something hard to put in words: the nature of the universe is bound up in the nature of your very own self. Everything exists, and exists only, in the Mind. You are in the Mind, but then the next question is "Who's Mind?" The way it feels to me is: there is an original mind. Within the center of every entity is this seed mind. Beginning-less, Endless, Eternal. This is the dome shaped abstraction filled with light, the many-roomed Mansion. Now, you can get there through Meditation in wakefulness, but (AND FINALLY WE GET TO THE POINT OF THIS UNBELIEVABLE LONG POST...I give mad props to those still with me and much thanks...) if you try this meditation in a Lucid Dream- its like a free ticket to the Divine.

Lucid Dreaming:

Now, there is tons of information on this site so I won't even go into all the lucid dreaming techniques BUT if you did the meditation and understand what you are doing here is what you do:

Next time you are in a lucid dream begin to meditate. For me (and I guess im lucky) once I'm lucid the desire to do so shoots me straight into the Abstract. What you want to do is clear your mind "close your eyes" and by this I mean try not to focus on the dream forms around you. If you can get this far (after having done the meditation) you may be catapulted into a very different world. I think this maybe my one biggest difference when comparing to other dreaming techniques: This IS NOT a dream to be controlled. Rather, it is an exploration into the Substance of the Mind upon which the ideas of dreams, control, and consciousness itself rest. Point being: this is not a dream to simply be willed. Using the deep relaxation of the body, plus the heightened awareness, plus the meditation....I was shocked to find myself in the Presence of this Being and totally unworthy of where I had strayed...but when you're there, it oddly all makes sense.

Thanks for reading!! Please Please Please let me know if you have any luck with this...feel free to hit me up about it. Im currently getting back into the full swing of it to see if I can pop back into that state. Id love to see someone beat me there!!

Last edited by waving on oceans; 03-22-2010 at 01:15 AM.

Diamonds And Rust Achievements:
      Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class 10000 Hall Points
      Center of the universe
      DJ Entries
      Thanks for explaining it in so much detail. I've been reading this thread since you started it, and find it fascinating. It's a goal for me to look forward to, since I just stared meditating recently and have been learning about Theta waves and the trance state.

Dreamtime, Bardos
      DJ Entries
      You experienced the clear light of sleep, the son of the Mother clear light of death. Beautiful! Congratulations! It is an entity, but it is your own very true nature that you experienced. It is interesting how our own true nature seems to be separate like another entity to us.

Marin County, CA
      thank you for your inspiring posts. awesome and inspiring!
      “I think we dream so we don't have to be apart so long. If we're in each other's dreams, we can be together all the time.” -

Am I dreaming? Do a Reality Check. Is this is a dream?

DJ Entries
      I have to say that your first post was very interesting and is something that I would love to experience. As for your post about the technique, that was EPIC. Well written, explaining the different types, giving steps, examples, etc... This is probably my newest goal once I get more LDs. Thanks and I'll keep you updated if I get anywhere Just curious, do you have any more examples of ppl experiencing these? I would love to read some more
      Last edited by BigFan; 03-22-2010 at 10:50 PM.
      # of LDs so far: DILD-1, WILD-0, Awareness-5
      Max Dreams recalled in one night: 3
      Goals: Learn to fly [] - Find out more about myself [] - Explore the sea [] - Pray in an LD []
      Read my DJ: Whirlwind of Dreams
      Read my current research: CAT Research
      Read my meditation experiences: Meditation Experiences

sol
      LD Count
      100 ish
      Slumberland
      awesome Waving on oceans, I'm going to try this right now
      Ah bowakawa pousse pousse

- Raised by Louie54 (Appreciate your time and effort)

LD Count
      Denmark
      Just read your latest post on meditation-techniques. You sound very insightful - and it was a very inspiring read. I'm currently starting up on Lucid dreaming again and this is going to be a major motivation for me. Thank you again!

Hey Everyone,

Just to let you know, a Meditation During Lucid Dreaming course will be added on to the list of classes being offered!! If anyone is interested I will be teaching it (Thanks Naiya!!). I would love if anyone is interested....I've already come up with some interesting techniques and would love suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Naiya View Post
      Meditation during a lucid dream is a very old practice--used in Tibetan Dream Yoga. It's fascinating. I've experimented with it and had some really incredible experiences. If you're interested in teaching a class like this, we'd love to have you on board.
      Here is the link to the class thread: http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ad.php?t=93951

I read the thread last night and was interested but didn't have a ton to add. Thing is last night I did this in my dream though! I went lucid but I didn't have any energy. Since I couldn't move fast or see good, I decided to just shoot the moon and meditate. I relaxed resigned to the fact that I would probably wake up, but I didn't. I floated down to a bed my dream body was lying in. I then put my arms into the air, they almost shot up on their own. Then I was pulled into the air, felt like floating but subtly being pulled.

I have meditated better in my life, but I did a pretty good job of keeping my mind quiet. Up up up up I went, I later recorded that it felt like 30,000 feet. It was exhilarating but overall didn't feel that great, I did get a bit of a headache and got worried people in the dream were going to shake my dream body and that would have been bad. In my journal I record this as a non-lucid with the only moment of lucidity being the point where I decided to meditate.

Anyway, awesome experience, glad I gave it a try, thanks for the post and the ideas. I'd love to hear any tutorials on dream meditation.

edit: I've never been drawn towards dream yoga, just wanted something simple I could work off of instead of some do this do that ladder type deal. At least that's how dream yoga comes across when I skim it. Because I don't want to have to devote majority of my nights to meditating in dreams, just something to do on the side and when the time is right, but not as a discipline.
      Last edited by Novise; 03-26-2010 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Novise View Post
      I read the thread last night and was interested but didn't have a ton to add. Thing is last night I did this in my dream though! I went lucid but I didn't have any energy. Since I couldn't move fast or see good, I decided to just shoot the moon and meditate. I relaxed resigned to the fact that I would probably wake up, but I didn't. I floated down to a bed my dream body was lying in. I then put my arms into the air, they almost shot up on their own. Then I was pulled into the air, felt like floating but subtly being pulled.

I have meditated better in my life, but I did a pretty good job of keeping my mind quiet. Up up up up I went, I later recorded that it felt like 30,000 feet. It was exhilarating but overall didn't feel that great, I did get a bit of a headache and got worried people in the dream were going to shake my dream body and that would have been bad. In my journal I record this as a non-lucid with the only moment of lucidity being the point where I decided to meditate.

Anyway, awesome experience, glad I gave it a try, thanks for the post and the ideas. I'd love to hear any tutorials on dream meditation.

edit: I've never been drawn towards dream yoga, just wanted something simple I could work off of instead of some do this do that ladder type deal. At least that's how dream yoga comes across when I skim it. Because I don't want to have to devote majority of my nights to meditating in dreams, just something to do on the side and when the time is right, but not as a discipline.

Congrats that is soooooo cool!!! I was totally waiting for a post like this....I just love affirmations

I also agree, it should be done when the feeling is ripe! Sometimes the practice gets in the way of the action...my best moments in dream meditation were not when I was placing great effort on it, it was usually a short time after. I think I will go at an easy yet steady pace, not expecting anything, but very thankful when they just seem to happen- better that way id say.

Thank you for your post!! Keep it coming!!

LD Count
      Copenhagen, Denmark
      Quote Originally Posted by waving on oceans View Post
      As its the Equinox, which just happens to be a Sunday, I figured it would be the perfect time to start putting down some notes on what I was doing during the time I had these Meditation LD's.
      What a great post!

I appreciate the many forms of meditation that exist, I should try analytical meditation, but now that I think about, I am doing analytical meditation very natural, throughout the day, but mostly in my younger youth (When wasn't as knowledgeable on reality). I think I should stick with my normal meditation that leads to the point consciousness state, I am already too (if one can be) analytical and reflective. I did a test on what kind of learner I am 1.5 year ago, it was beyond the chart on "reflection".

Oh, I meditated in a non-lucid dream this Monday, it was a great experience as I reached the point consciousness state in about 3-5 minutes, which is many times faster than the usual. Unfortunately a DC (who I encouraged to meditate with me along with several others) 'woke me up' as he made a very loud noise.. damn
      The wise ones fashioned speech with their thought, sifting it as grain is sifted through a sieve. ~ Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by Specialis Sapientia View Post
      What a great post!

I appreciate the many forms of meditation that exist, I should try analytical meditation, but now that I think about, I am doing analytical meditation very natural, throughout the day, but mostly in my younger youth (When wasn't as knowledgeable on reality). I think I should stick with my normal meditation that leads to the point consciousness state, I am already too (if one can be) analytical and reflective. I did a test on what kind of learner I am 1.5 year ago, it was beyond the chart on "reflection".

Oh, I meditated in a non-lucid dream this Monday, it was a great experience as I reached the point consciousness state in about 3-5 minutes, which is many times faster than the usual. Unfortunately a DC (who I encouraged to meditate with me along with several others) 'woke me up' as he made a very loud noise.. damn
      Thats awesome that you were able to meditate during the dream....ahh those delightful dream characters... That is an excellent sign tho, shows your mind is on it even tho it was not a lucid action...Im sure you will have success if you continue to persue it.

As far as analytical meditation throughout the day....totally know what you mean. I am always reflecting on ideas of this nature, and actually when I start to do more posts about tehhnique one of them will be on keeping a conscious mind/reflective mind during hours of wakefulness

Thanks for the post!! Let me know if you find yourself meditating again, hopefully no more run-ins with pesky DC's!!

Hey Everyone!! Hope you are all still subscribed to the thread

I got an email from lemmefly about some ideas for the course...we definitely have a similar view on how the course will flow (Thanks lemme!)

I just wanted to check in and see if anyone who is signing up for the meditation class has tried either one of the meditation techniques or one of the dream techniques yet.

I was thrilled to see that two people have already had meditation experiences while dreaming after reading the thread (Novise and Specialisn Sapientia- Congrats!! even though neither of you signed up for the course...tisk tisk!!) and that just makes me more excited when I think that we already have 9 people to join the class (Possibly 13 but I have to check this).

Anyone who is taking the class and reads this- I guess when the start date is announced we will set up a schedule. Until then, those who are serious about the course I would just say read up on meditation and start trying it on your own without much advice. Thats how I started. Don't worry!! You'll be getting plenty of technique later...for now just explore!! Don't let thoughts of worry that you don't know what your doing impede you!! Just go for it with an open mind, get still, and focus on the breath. Thats it!!

K, please report any progress (the biggest progress report I could hear right now would be...."So I sat down to meditate today...") That's when this course will begin. Anyone who feels like sharing about the course here on this thread until we have the class set up please fell free!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast