• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Lucid Dreaming Documentery?

LD Count

Exclamation Lucid Dreaming Documentery?

Hey, I was thinking about throwing together a lucid dreaming documentery. All I would need is for you guys to answers these questions in front of a camera. (This would be ment to introduce new people to lucid dreaming.)
      Questions:
      What is Lucid Dreaming?
      Why should people have lucid dreams?
      Why do you have lucid dreams?
      Can you describe some lucid dreams you've had?
      What are some steryotypes about lucid dreaming that annoy you? (drug use, satonic, ect.)
      What are some problems preventing people from getting into lucid dreaming? (most likely going to invovle steryotypes)
      What are dreams?
      How can you lucid dream (DILD, WILD, ect?)
      Any other thoughts?

What I need from you is video of you answering the questions, using the question in the answer. I will then splice that with screenshots of dreamviews and other LDing sites to make a documentery, to try to get people into LDing. The finished product would then uploaded to a dedicated dreamviews youtube account. This is just an idea, that I would like to take somewhere.
      (Due to mac problems, this project will take a few months to edit and finish after I get the video from you. Sorry.)
      I'm back!

Banned
      Nowhere
      DJ Entries
      I would, but you might catch my frizzy hair from looking at me.

LD Count
      LOL! Well, thanks for replying. Anybody else, just know I really don't need very high quality, a nice webcam would work.
      (If you do decide to make a video, upload it to youtube and provide a download link, so I can see if you have anything I can use before downloading.)
      I'm back!

We could always use Youtube to get it all on the web...too bad we don't have video posts here like on facebook....would be kinda cool lol

Cool idea!

Banned
      Nowhere
      DJ Entries
      You can just embed the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
      You can just embed the video.

true, true...but would be nice if it was an option embedded in the reply section- could cam it right there and click send....more people would probably post videos if it was simply a button, you could simply press "record"

LD Count
      True. I would really apreciate it if people take the effort to upload and embed video, though. But your right, I'm going to have to wait a while before I have the material I need.
      I'm back!

Quote Originally Posted by YYNYM View Post
      True. I would really apreciate it if people take the effort to upload and embed video, though. But your right, I'm going to have to wait a while before I have the material I need.

How do you plan on going about it?

LD Count
      I'm assuming that you mean how am I going to make the documentery? Well, I was planning on getting "interviews" from you, in the forum of webcam videos. I'd then play theese interviews spliced together with screenshots of various lucid dreaming websites, for the purpose of increasing awareness of lucid dreaming, as well as dispelling stereotypes of lucid dreaming and lucid dreamers. This will hopefully increase traffic to dreamviews, thus increasing ad revenue, so we can hire more staff and get the dreamviews book project done, thus begining the money cycle again. This would also introduce more people to lucid dreaming, making the world a slightly better place. Or even a much better place!

(it would also give me something to do with the new mac I'm getting in a few days.)
      I'm back!

Banned
      Nowhere
      DJ Entries
      This will hopefully increase traffic to dreamviews,
      The video you are making would still attract a lucid dreaming audience, of whom probably would stumble across this site anyway.

thus increasing ad revenue, so we can hire more staff and get the dreamviews book project done,
      I didn't think we needed money for either of those. I say more forum upgrades and promotional stickers and mugs.

(it would also give me something to do with the new mac I'm getting in a few days.)
      Well, do you actually have the skills to pull this video together? If its just a slapped up iMovie project, I don't think you are going to attract much attention. Also, few people on DV opt to even use a profile photo. Filming themselves talking is beyond possibility.

LD Count
      Thanks for the imput! I actually have done a lot with video editing, and I was planning to take a lot of time editing to make it perfect. I think that this will drive more people to LDing, as the main reason people don't LD is the steyotypes about LD's (satonic, bad for you, ect.) and LDers. (druggies, shut-ins, escapism, ect.) This project will probobly take 2 monthes to edit, since I want to make it incredably good.
      I'm back!

Banned
      Nowhere
      DJ Entries
      Good to hear
      YYNYM likes this.

LD Count
      Thank you. Just a question...
      What would yor responses to the questions be? I don't need a video, just text.
      I'm back!

I'm assuming that you mean how am I going to make the documentery? Well, I was planning on getting "interviews" from you, in the forum of webcam videos. I'd then play theese interviews spliced together with screenshots of various lucid dreaming websites, for the purpose of increasing awareness of lucid dreaming, as well as dispelling stereotypes of lucid dreaming and lucid dreamers. This will hopefully increase traffic to dreamviews, thus increasing ad revenue, so we can hire more staff and get the dreamviews book project done, thus begining the money cycle again. This would also introduce more people to lucid dreaming, making the world a slightly better place. Or even a much better place!

I WANA GET A JOB WITH YOU GUYS!!! LOL that would be sooooo coooool lol. Awwww lucky i wana get a macbook pro....gona have to save up tho

Its a great idea! Id love to help

LD Count
      Well, putting this into your sig would help:
      EDIT: Image fail. Just link to this thread in your Sig.
      as would uploading your own video.
      Last edited by YYNYM; 03-22-2010 at 06:17 PM.
      I'm back!

YYNYM:

Have you uploaded a video yet?

I will if you will lol

LD Count
      I wasn't going to upload mine, as I was going to make it on my computer, then edit it into the finished product. I was going to make it after all the other were done, so I could add what needed to be added. So, upload yours please!
      (P.S: Thanks for the PM)
      I'm back!

Dreamer by nature Achievements:
      Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      <span class='glow_FF0000'>J.D.</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      500+
      DJ Entries
      I quite fancy contributing to this! I'll think about what I'd say and get back to you.
      YYNYM likes this.

LD Count
      Thanks! I'm looking forward to it.
      I'm back!

Turlock, California, United States
      I'd love to be a part of this! When would our video segment be "due"?
      Objectives:

Increase Dream Recall [x]
      Have a Lucid Dream longer than 25 minutes [ ]
      Spread the word about Lucid Dreaming to more than 50 people [x]]

LD Count
      I can't really set a date, as I am going to need a lot of material, from 6 users at least. I would like it by the end of May, with the project getting done in June. But It would be awesome if you could upload it by next Sunday.
      I'm back!

Lymington
      Thank you. Just a question...
      What would yor responses to the questions be? I don't need a video, just text.
      If you just need text answers, here: (otherwise I can try and get a video together)

What is Lucid Dreaming?
      For me it's when I fall asleep, dream normally, and then realise I am dreaming and take control of the dream. However, I am one of the more controversial people that believe something stranger is happening regarding Lucid Dreaming.

Why should people have lucid dreams?
      The fact that you're in a world which looks and feels like the real world to a large extent, but where anything is possible is just a fantastic concept.

Why do you have lucid dreams?
      I am a Natural lucid dreamer. I've always been able to lucid dream, and very rarely, if ever have a dream which isn't lucid to some degree.

Can you describe some lucid dreams you've had?
      A couple of years ago I had a false awakening, where I was dreaming but thought I was awake. I was on holiday and quickly realised that the sky being green was a sign I was dreaming. So I ran across the apartment, through the balcony doors and leapt off the balcony. I fell 9 floors and landed perfectly. Then walked over to the resteraunt and had breakfast. I've also met a dream guide, who to all intents and purposes looks real, feels real, and seemingly had independent thoughts.

What are some steryotypes about lucid dreaming that annoy you? (drug use, satonic, ect.)
      The one stereotype which annoys me about lucid dreaming above any other is that people think you're crazy when you tell them some of your experiences. The look I get when I tell some people that for a few seconds to minutes before I fall asleep I listen out for voices which sound like they are in the room annoys me, yet it's a known phenomenon.

What are some problems preventing people from getting into lucid dreaming? (most likely going to invovle steryotypes)
      The way I see it, a lot of people would like to lucid dream, but simply can't. And the idea of people doing things like waking up in the middle of the night and then going back to bed. It's not always possible.

What are dreams?
      I think dreams are a dump from our day to day experiences. I know my dreams are based on things I've done during the day.

How can you lucid dream (DILD, WILD, ect?)
      I am a natural lucid dreamer. I have no idea how I lucid dream, it just happens. However, sometimes I need to take something like 5HTP or drink a mint hot chocolate to either induce a lucid or enhance them.

Any other thoughts?
      I think that this idea for a lucid dream documentary is a really good idea. The problem with films are people can think the subject matter if fictional. A factual lucid dream documentary with lucid dreamers is a great idea.
      "There’s a place I go when I’m alone. Do anything I want, be anyone I wanna be." - Dream Catch Me by Newton Faulkner

"It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep 'Cause everything is never as it seems" - Fireflies by Owl City

My dream blog: http://www.oneironaught.org

Lymington
      Also, if you do need a video, PM me and give me some details about where to put the video.
      "There’s a place I go when I’m alone. Do anything I want, be anyone I wanna be." - Dream Catch Me by Newton Faulkner

"It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep 'Cause everything is never as it seems" - Fireflies by Owl City

My dream blog: http://www.oneironaught.org

LD Count
      I am going to need a video. For now, just upload it to youtube. I'll tell you where to put the file when I am ready to splice the documentery together, probobly when I have 6 or 7 videos.
      I'm back!

Hey, if you guys have uploaded videos on youtube please aware me, i would like to see them, good luck guys!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast