• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Like Tree2Likes
    • 1 Post By Ferret
    • 1 Post By craig

Thread: Marijuana

Dream Defender Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Wellington, NZ
      DJ Entries

Marijuana

Hey guys just wondering what peoples thoughts are on smoking before inducing a LD. Or any drugs for that matter. I imagine some might be good or not so good I duno. Like LSD for instance I imagine would be crazy if you could induce a LD but it would probably be very hard/impossible?? Im sure a lot of people have tried smoking pot and LDing though?
      LucidApprentice likes this.

USA
      My personal views are that you should stay away from the stuff. But that is just my opinion. I think there are some topics floating around here dealing with the use of substances and their effects on LD.
      you must be the change you wish to see in the world...
      -gandhi

Yeah...

Lets not use lucid dreaming as an excuse to start a drug habit.

Moon Age
      LD Count
      Infinity
      Quote Originally Posted by SystemsLock View Post
      Yeah...

Lets not use lucid dreaming as an excuse to start a drug habit.

The best LD's are the one that you achieved yourself.

Dream Defender Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Wellington, NZ
      DJ Entries
      Haha nah I already have the drug habit. Come on there has to be stoner LDers out there? I do imagine it would be harder while stoned but has anyone done it??

never better Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      BuffaLOVE, New York
      You get infinitely more vivid dreams but they also become infinitely harder to recall. I can't help you with the lucidity part cause I haven't gotten that part down myself.

Seattle,WA
      Although drugs have never helped induce an LD...they sometimes have personally helped me increase my dreams vividness. some not at all...some intensly...

alcohol...usually helps in no way other than a deep sleep
      marijuana...usually makes some fairly colorful dreams and long
      XTC...nothing, usually makes it hard to even GET to sleep
      mushrooms, lsd and others I don't recall. When I was experimenting with those I wasn't into LDing.

Honestly, I would just practice sober. sober is the way to be LOL

good luck
      WILD: 0
      DILD: 0
      WBTB: 0
      EILD: 0

Overall= 0 ;(

Melbourne
      DJ Entries
      Check in the Research sub-forum Ferret, there's a good topic in there.
      Long story short, certain strains help, certain strains don't. Delta-8 THC apparently induces dreams whereas too much delta-9 THC is detrimental to dreaming. Also certain people it just doesn't work for, although I'm sure if they got the right strain it would. Bottom line, try it out and join the discussion in the research thread. I think it's called "Cannabis Induced Lucid Dreaming Oh Yeh!" or something lol

Banned
      I've the feeling that even if you made it to lucidity, you'd have a hell of a lot of trouble remembering it when you finally woke up. Marijuana obliterates recall. If you want to learn to DILD, your best bet is to stay clean or use sparingly for a few weeks to be able to have a decent recall rate.

Pangea Ultima
      I have horrible horrible dream recall when I get high before bed. Not recommended.

Moon Age
      LD Count
      Infinity
      Quote Originally Posted by SpecialInterests View Post
      I have horrible horrible dream recall when I get high before bed. Not recommended.
      There's your warning lol.

http://bit.ly/GoToCME Clyde Machine's Avatar
      LD Count
      Above 31.
      Midland, Michigan
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Squaddle View Post
      There's your warning lol.
      +1 to that. While I'm already biased against drug use, I have yet to find anything (Wikipedia, some topics around DV on the possibility of drugs as lucid aids) that says that drugs actually help and not hinder your dreaming experience.
      DV Dictionary. / Verious: a definition. /

I'm not on DV much these days, but I'll try to toss a cool dream or two into my DJ.

texas
      Quote Originally Posted by Ferret View Post
      Hey guys just wondering what peoples thoughts are on smoking before inducing a LD. Or any drugs for that matter. I imagine some might be good or not so good I duno. Like LSD for instance I imagine would be crazy if you could induce a LD but it would probably be very hard/impossible?? Im sure a lot of people have tried smoking pot and LDing though?
      In high doses it has more use in hypnogogic hallucinations than in lucidity. So keep the quantity low for lucidity. Course, drugs are not for everyone. So you will always get alot of slack from people. Once you become more effective and in control. The difference of dimensional possiblities are sure to become recognizable.

I just recently quit smoking weed because my dream recall was poor when I smoked it (right before I went to sleep) and also because I was getting lazy smoking it all day.

San Joaquin Triangle
      Pot helps to meditate yourself into lucidity, at least for me anyway, so figure out what works for you.

This is a sign, don't let it pass.
      Go win the lottery now...
      http://www.psychiclotto.org/

Reverie land
      Cannabis smoking before bed is a horrible idea. However I've had POSITIVE effects with inducing LD's with magic mushrooms and LSD.

My first lucid dream ever happened after my first magic mushrooms trip.

My second lucid dream happened DURING my first LSD trip.

I've experimented with magic mushrooms and sleep a lot. I found that high doses of shrooms make it almost impossible to fall asleep. On the contrary, low doses of shrooms actually help put me to bed, the body shivers are very relaxing and watching the visuals with your eyes closed is very peaceful. However, taking shrooms at night could also keep you from having a lucid. The dreams are a little foggy, and hard to remember. Definitely not vivid. I believe the reason for this is because magic mushrooms increase the amount of serotonin in your brain. Unfortunately, at night that doesn't help with sleep. You body naturally transforms serotonin that your brain makes during the day into MELATONIN at night. But because I took the shrooms at night I'm not getting any extra melatonin, just a bunch of serotonin.

When I took shrooms for the first time it was during the day. They increased the amount of serotonin in my brain, then that night (once the trip was over) all that extra serotonin turned into extra melatonin, making me have very vivid dreams. As a result, I had my first lucid. Moral of the story, take shrooms during the day = vivid dreams at night.

Now another interesting matter is DURING my first LSD trip I had a lucid I took a very small dose at night because I wanted to just watch the CEVs. I accidently fell asleep and had my second lucid dream. Not sure why though. haha
      Lucid Dreams: 22 (many more recently, I've stopped counting) (DILD: 20 --- DEILD: 2)

This is a fact: Anything and everything that is unrelated to elephants is irrelephant.

Melbourne
      DJ Entries
      Sigh....
      How do we expect the government to stop lumping all drugs together when we ourselves do the same thing?

This thread is about Cannabis, please stay on topic. Not that I don't love to discuss other things, but there's other topics for that.

Reverie land
      Quote Originally Posted by Ferret View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by tommo View Post
      Sigh....
      How do we expect the government to stop lumping all drugs together when we ourselves do the same thing?

This thread is about Cannabis, please stay on topic. Not that I don't love to discuss other things, but there's other topics for that.
      Look at the underlined portion of Ferret's first post please.
      Lucid Dreams: 22 (many more recently, I've stopped counting) (DILD: 20 --- DEILD: 2)

This is a fact: Anything and everything that is unrelated to elephants is irrelephant.

Melbourne
      DJ Entries
      Oh woops, my bad, I forgot about that. Ok please continue lol

Banned
      Nowhere
      DJ Entries
      Lucid dreams can be easily accomplished with no aids of any form. If you must, stick to fruits like cherries for melatonin.
      Nobody should feel they have to depend on a product just to get lucid. Its free for all.

texas
      Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
      Lucid dreams can be easily accomplished with no aids of any form. If you must, stick to fruits like cherries for melatonin.
      Nobody should feel they have to depend on a product just to get lucid. Its free for all.
      Cherries,LSD,Pot,Sleep programs, they're all fruit for thought.
      Reverie Phantom likes this.

Reverie land
      Quote Originally Posted by tommo View Post
      Oh woops, my bad, I forgot about that. Ok please continue lol
      No worries

Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Somewhere and Nowhere
      I smoked some fine Dro and then went to sleep around 3 hours later still high, and I got my very first long lucid dream. It lasted an hour or more. Then I woke up, went back to bed and instantly went back into my lucid dream. Then the dream kind of drifted off to a normal dream.

In the morning I remember my 2 lucid dream experiences, and a very vivid dream. Was this induced by pot? Who knows. But I can tell you that I didn't go to bed thinking about lucid dreaming or anything of that sort.

Maybe the fact that pot brings you to the subconsious brought out my will to have a good quality lucid dream.

But like I said before, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
      Cherries,LSD,Pot,Sleep programs, they're all fruit for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverie Phantom View Post
      Cannabis smoking before bed is a horrible idea.
      Naw man, as Tommo said it just all depends on the strains. Personally pot helps me with sleep and dreaming. But I just might be buying some good strains
      Last edited by Motumz; 02-04-2010 at 04:43 PM.
      https://i.ibb.co/307rNzk/motumz3.png

Reverie land
      I just thought of something. Maybe what you need to do is smoke several hours before bed, like Motumz, instead of right before you fall asleep, so that you aren't in an altered state while you dream. This way you'd only be altered in the before REM sleep period. Hmm?

Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Somewhere and Nowhere
      Quote Originally Posted by Reverie Phantom View Post
      I just thought of something. Maybe what you need to do is smoke several hours before bed, like Motumz, instead of right before you fall asleep, so that you aren't in an altered state while you dream. This way you'd only be altered in the before REM sleep period. Hmm?
      Yea exactly, and then your brain would also have time to turn the serotonin into melatonin from the increased serotonin production. Which would, in theory, help you with lucid dreaming.

And not only that, but if you tried WILD'ing before bed, it would be much easier. Because when I'm coming down from my high, or even if the high is gone, by body is basically COMPLETELY relaxed.
      https://i.ibb.co/307rNzk/motumz3.png