• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Like Tree25Likes

Thread: The 90 Days WILD Project

Texas

The 90 Days WILD Project

So I decided to make a thread about my WILD Project. What I’m doing is, for the next 90 days; I’m going to learn, practice and perfect the WILD technique. My goal is that by then end of the 90 days, I’ll be able to have at least one WILD every night.

So this thread will be somewhat like a blog of my research, I’m going to attempt WILD at least once every night; so every day I’ll be updating and writing what I did, what happened, what worked and what didn’t work. Hopefully by the end of the 90 days I’ll be able to have WILD’s at will.

Also, anyone that wants to join me on my 90 day quest is more than welcome to do so.

If anyone wants to contact me, either send me a pm or email me at [email protected]
      Last edited by edge0125; 01-19-2010 at 10:41 PM.

Texas

Day1:

So today my goal is to read about LD and the WILD method, so I can become more familiar with different techniques that people use. I'm going to try to at least get a general idea of what i can do tonight to have a WILD. So, tonight I’m going to do the WBTB method and then attempt a WILD.

Dorset, UK
      I think I may join you in your WILD quest, Edge

Have you seen the FILD technique -> http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ead.php?t=4779 ?

It sounds quite interesting, I'm going to set my alarm for 3 hours after I sleep tonight and have a go at it. I've also heard about Reverse Blinking, which is supposed to help with sleep paralysis?

Good luck with your WBTB tonight, I'll post back here if I'm successful tonight.
      Dream Journal - 44 dreams journalled!

4 lucid dreams / lucid fragments
      0 awesome lucid dreams

Are you dreaming?

Texas
      Quote Originally Posted by knecht View Post
      I think I may join you in your WILD quest, Edge

Have you seen the FILD technique -> http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ead.php?t=4779 ?

It sounds quite interesting, I'm going to set my alarm for 3 hours after I sleep tonight and have a go at it. I've also heard about Reverse Blinking, which is supposed to help with sleep paralysis?

Good luck with your WBTB tonight, I'll post back here if I'm successful tonight.
      Awesome.

Yes i have read it before, i'll definitely try it sometime.

Texas

Day 2:

I attempted to WILD today. Unfortunately i was unsuccessful. i woke up at around 3am, i didn't get out of bed or anything, i juts laid there and attempted to be aware while falling asleep (somehow i just fell asleep).
      Then i woke up at around 6:15am by some sound i heard outside, i got up to get a drink of water, i went on the forums really quick.
      I then went back to bed, i tried to relax my body and keep my mind quiet. After a few minutes i felt my body relax more and more, my arms and legs felt kind of numb, almost like there was something somewhat heavy over me (I don't think this was SP, because if i tried to move i could have.)

I tried to focus on my breathing, to quiet my mind. Now from what i read yesterday, the next step would have been hypnagogic images and sounds. For whatever reason, that never happened, i think i became to awake by getting out of bed. My alarm then went off at 7am and i had to get ready to go to class.

So for tonight what I'm going to do is try to find that sweet spot between awake and tired. I'm also going to try and read up more on WILD, and attempt to figure out what i did wrong on my first attempt.

Dorset, UK
      I was somewhat similar...
      My alarm went off at 2:30, I remember turning it off but not properly trying the FILD technique, just falling back to sleep. I'll try again tonight, hopefully with more success

0 awesome lucid dreams

Are you dreaming?

Retired Post Whore-73PPD jarrhead's Avatar
      LD Count
      Tijeras/Albuquerque
      DJ Entries
      I will join, starting tonight.

I don't remember turning off my alarm 3 out of the past for nights. Also to say I had no recall those three nights, and a lucid dream and sleep paralysis with awesome hallucinations the night I do remember.

LD Count
      I'll join as well, seems like it'll work and with you guys doing it along I won't forget or be too lazy to do it.

Lucid Moments: 2 Lucid Dreams: 1

Lucid Goals: [X] Get my first LD [ ] Be a superhero [ ] Jump into a comic book [] Survive a Zombie Apocalypse

Canada!
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by edge0125 View Post

Then i woke up at around 6:15am by some sound i heard outside, i got up to get a drink of water, i went on the forums really quick.
      I was just reading some of your entries when I spotted this. Do not use electronic devices with bright screens! They wake up your brain way too much, and you do not want this! Stay away from any bright light in fact. Sorry to intrude, just thought I would inform you though.

Texas
      Quote Originally Posted by Muggler View Post
      I was just reading some of your entries when I spotted this. Do not use electronic devices with bright screens! They wake up your brain way too much, and you do not want this! Stay away from any bright light in fact. Sorry to intrude, just thought I would inform you though.
      hey thanks for the advice. Yea i think you're right, i think i woke my brain up too much, plus it was late morning. I'll definitely make a note of that.

jarrhead and Jhony, glad you guys are joining us. Hopefully we will all be successful at the end of the 90 days.

LRT
      Light Rail Transit
      LD Count
      Toronto
      DJ Entries
      I'm not going to join as I've already decided WILD is not for me, but I wish you luck!

Anime addict Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      I think i'll join in too. I'm in college, so i might not be able to report in every day, but i'll try. One of my new years resolutions was to perfect VILD which is a variation of WILD. But i guess i should perfect WILD first since VILD seems to be a little more difficult. I think by joining in; that will give me a feel of accountability to everybody else who is working in this project; so that will give me more motivation. More motivation should mean a higher chance for success.

For anybody who doesn't know what VILD or V-WILD is, or is looking for a great guide, check out this guide. http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ad.php?t=40861
      Last edited by dark_grimmjow; 01-21-2010 at 01:03 AM.

Jello
      If it was summer vacation I'd probably try this out. In fact, maybe I will do something like this in the summer. Anyways, good luck with your project. I look forward to seeing more of your progress.
      Lucid dreaming makes for a wonderful night's play.

Texas
      Quote Originally Posted by sora12 View Post
      If it was summer vacation I'd probably try this out. In fact, maybe I will do something like this in the summer. Anyways, good luck with your project. I look forward to seeing more of your progress.
      Come on thats no excuse .

I had to wake up at 7am this morning and go to physics II, and i still made time for LD.

im joking btw. i've wanted to do this for a while, i remember last semester i was soo busy, i didn't have the free time for anything.
      Im kind of forcing myself to learn and improve as much as i can before summer.
      Last edited by edge0125; 01-21-2010 at 04:03 AM.

LD Count
      I told myself I was going to do LDing over the Winter Break...never happened. So yep, using this time the same as edge.

Lucid Goals: [X] Get my first LD [ ] Be a superhero [ ] Jump into a comic book [] Survive a Zombie Apocalypse

Member Achievements:
      5000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries
      I had 2 WILDs last night, and realized WILD might be the technique for me! So, I decided to join you guys. I'll count today as day 1.

Day 1:
      I woke up at 5:00 AM, laid in bed for half an hour, suddenly I got into sleep paralysis. My body was completely paralyzed, I didn't have any HI's, but definitely got a HS, I could hear a song I have in my Ipod and it sounded 100% real. My body felt really heavy, but I wasn't scared at any moment, in fact I was very relaxed. It felt like my body was "spinning", being dragged towards the song. Then I was in my bed again, but I knew it was a dream. I stood up and did a RC, it was a fact, I was dreaming. I added some light, but the dream was extremely hard to stabilize, my head felt very heavy, like when I was in SP. I woke up.

WILDed again, this time I was able to stabilize the dream about 5 minutes into the dream. I got out of my room and went downstairs, I decided to throw a ki blast, and this made me have a false awakening, then I had trouble stabilizing the dream and woke up.

I'll wake up at 5:00 AM tomorrow, and report back with results
      Spoiler for Goals:

Member Achievements:
      5000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries
      Day 2:
      Woke up at 4:00, didn't get out of bed, fell asleep.
      Woke up at 5:00, didn't get out of bed, fell asleep again.

Mistakes: didn't get out of bed, gave up on concentrating on the sound my fan made after 2 minutes.

tomorrow morning: get out of bed when I wake up, go to the washroom and have a sip of water. Try harder to put my attention on the sound made by my fan.
      Spoiler for Goals:

Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Somewhere and Nowhere
      I'll also join. I will be doing WBTB's every night. I will also try FILD's on occasion.

Also, if I have the time during the day, I will try WILD'ing.

My project starts tonight at 3AM. I'll post tonight's results as soon as possible.
      https://i.ibb.co/307rNzk/motumz3.png

LD Count
      Tons
      Bay Area, California
      DJ Entries
      Cool idea and great momentum Keep it up and you will be dream masters by the end of the 90 days.

Dorset, UK
      Quote Originally Posted by Robot_Butler View Post
      Keep it up and you will be dream masters by the end of the 90 days.
      If only! I had another failed attempt tonight, perhaps I'm not motivated enough in the bleariness of the night to stay away for long enough.
      Thanks for the link to the VILD guide Dark_Grimmjow! I've had a bit of a read through it, I think I'm going to try this technique tonight. It seems to be more suited to me in that it'll let me 'involve' myself more in the dreamscene, hopefully keeping my mind awake a bit more.

Good luck everyone else - and Wow! Loads more people have joined this thread. Maybe we will all be "Dream Masters" after 90 days...

0 awesome lucid dreams

Are you dreaming?

Texas

Day 3:

2 WILD attempt. Unfortunately i failed again. But i'm starting to see what im doing wrong. So im going back to the drawing board and make a few changes for tonight

5:30am - I woke up, and then went back to bed (i attempted to stay aware, but again i somehow fell asleep)
      6:00am - I woke up, then the same thing happened again.

Tonight i'm gonna wake up at 4am and 5:30am. Im gonna try to wake my brain up by getting out of bed, i'll probably stay up for about 1-5 mins before going back to bed. This time im also going to use the 61 Point Relaxation Technique; and im going to follow seekers WILD guide

since i've had a few DILDs but no WILDs at all i'm going to join in aswell!

It would be pretty incredible to experience the real transition between physical world and dream, whenever you want to.

I'll update tomorrow! Good luck to everyone

Anime addict Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Quote Originally Posted by knecht View Post
      Thanks for the link to the VILD guide Dark_Grimmjow! I've had a bit of a read through it, I think I'm going to try this technique tonight. It seems to be more suited to me in that it'll let me 'involve' myself more in the dreamscene, hopefully keeping my mind awake a bit more.
      No problem knecht. That's the best and most in-depth guide i've seen on VILDing.

Since this is my first recorded day, i'll call it day 1 for me.

Day 1:

I went to sleep some time after 11:15 p.m. I set an alarm to wake me up 6 hrs. later. The alarm woke me up at 5:15 a.m. I got up to use the bathroom and went straight back to bed. I started to try WILD, but i felt like i was too awake to go to sleep. I eventually lost track of doing a WILD and fell asleep. Fail.

I think i was too awake to be able to WILD quickly enough. I'm going to try 4 and half hours after going to sleep tonight. I've had successful WILD's before, but i just can't remember exactly what it was that i did.

LD Count
      Day 2:

Yestarday night I wasn't able to achieve a WILD. Went to bed at 11:00 P.M. (bad idea), and woked up at 5:30. I was accustomed to my internal alarm always waking me up around 4, so I didn't rely on my alarm. Took some time for me to get up, so don't know whether or not, I woke up earlier, and just drifted on to off. I finnaly got up and went to the bathroom and back to try to do a WILD.

Didn't feel any sleep paralysis and I fell back asleep. I need to sleep earlier and maybe set an alarm to insure I will have at least an hour to WILD.

Canada
      Ive never had a lucid dream before, im thinking what i need is just dedication, and this sounds like a good task. Im gonna join you guys today.

Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast