• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Finding your dream guide

Does anyone have any tips for finding your dream guide? I have some questions to ask mine, but I'm not sure how to find him/her.
      Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives.
      -William Dement

USA
      I'm not sure I've found mine yet (but I think so), so take this advice with a grain of salt, but...

Walk around some when you are lucid and say calmly: "I'd like to meet my dream guide"

Be careful though and don't believe the first person that wlks up to you and says he/she/it is your dream guide
      you must be the change you wish to see in the world...
      -gandhi

Be careful though and don't believe the first person that wlks up to you and says he/she/it is your dream guide[/b]
      Why? How do I know if they are my dream guide or not? If their not my dream guide and I think they are can it do me harm?
      Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives.
      -William Dement

YOU: "Are you my dream guide"?

DC: "No"

YOU: "Ok then, can you direct me to my DG"?

DC: "You must find it yourself"

DG: "Hello"

YOU: Are you going to do me harm"?

DG: "NO"

YOU: "what can you tell me"

DG: "Nothing"
      "I was looking back to see if you were looking back at me to see me looking back at you".

Be Here Now

DJ Entries
      I don't know about the whole dream guide thing anymore. I've had hundreds of LDs and there's no particular person that ever shows up...and if I have a profound experience with a DC, I won't see that DC again in another LD. There doesn't seem to be anything in my LDs but myself. I always feel extremely alone in them.

It reminds me of that Simpson’s episode with the fox, where homer walks up that entire pyramid thing!

We are all alone in a world of confusion, even in our lucid dreams, we are our own guide's, no person other than ourselves can control what we see.

I agree with lucidnina, its very profound what you said, it fits perfectly into both dreaming and reality. I myself have met people in reality who I feel a strong a connection with, someone who just looks at you, someone you share a hello with, someone who asks for a lighter! having a profound feeling with either a DC or real person, I usually never see that person again, but still think about them. There doesn’t seem to be anything in life except yourself, that is one thing we can be sure of. I always feel alone, but I get great warmth from that knowledge that we are our own guides.
      "I was looking back to see if you were looking back at me to see me looking back at you".

Be Here Now

USA
      Originally posted by Imachinchilla
      Be careful though and don't believe the first person that wlks up to you and says he/she/it is your dream guide
      Why? How do I know if they are my dream guide or not? If their not my dream guide and I think they are can it do me harm?[/b]
      Well, there are two views on dreamguides:

1) They are an external being that is there to help you on your spiritual evolution
      2) They are a manifestation ofyour subconcious

Personally, I have not made up my mind yet which of these i think a dreamguide really is. Possible it could be either, depending on the individual. Let's consider a couple of instances:

For case 1: An evil entity could be posing as your dream guide and could be leading you astray
      For case 2: It could be a darker side of your subconcious that wishes to harm you.

I don't want to scare you off, just be careful and do not blindly follow any "being" that presents itself as your dream guide. Treat it like you would any stranger on the street that comes up and offers you advice. Weigh what it says carefully and do nothing that violates you ethos.
      -gandhi

He will have his revenge Aphius's Avatar
      Halloween Town
      Originally posted by Seeker
      I don't want to scare you off, just be careful and do not blindly follow any \"being\" that presents itself as your dream guide. *Treat it like you would any stranger on the street that comes up and offers you advice. *Weigh what it says carefully and do nothing that violates you ethos.
      What exactly could a "Dark DG" if you will, make you do? Wouldn't you still have to make up your own mind as to what is right and what is wrong even if they tell you to do something?
      These are the tears that I dream about...

USA
      Originally posted by Aphius+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Aphius)</div>
      <!--QuoteBegin-Seeker
      I don't want to scare you off, just be careful and do not blindly follow any \"being\" that presents itself as your dream guide. *Treat it like you would any stranger on the street that comes up and offers you advice. *Weigh what it says carefully and do nothing that violates you ethos.
      What exactly could a \"Dark DG\" if you will, make you do? Wouldn't you still have to make up your own mind as to what is right and what is wrong even if they tell you to do something?[/b]

Yes, that is true, but I have seen so many people in my life just blindly follow any spiritual "leader" that comes along.
      -gandhi

I take it more or less as #2. That the "dream guide" is a manifestation of your subconscious. Now, this may sound odd, but if you talk to it enough, you may find out that it wants you to know things you've hidden inside yourself.

In our lives we tend to lie quite a bit, seemingly subconsciously, to the point we begin to lose who we are. I think that maybe your "dream guide" might be able to help reveal the things that once mattered to you.

Then again, i could be completley wrong and the dreamguide could be a leuprechan, sent to burn your house down.

Halloween Town
      That sounds plausible, the whole, subconcious trying to help you rediscover things.

Originally posted by Seeker
      I have seen so many people in my life just blindly follow any spiritual \"leader\" that comes along.
      How could someone follow something so blindly to the point that they don't even think about what they're doing?

USA
      Originally posted by Aphius
      How could someone follow something so blindly to the point that they don't even think about what they're doing?
      I don't really know that they don't know what they are doing. They just following in the belief that the other 'being' knows what is best for them.

I've known several people like this in my life. They give up total control to a spiritual leader, it is pretty common.

Only thing I am saying is to always question why...
      -gandhi

Don't worry I'll be careful. Right now I think I believe my dream guide is my subconscious. I know not to take anything it says too seriously, but I'm interested in the advice I give my self. (yes I know I'm crazy) Plus I think I want my dream guide to show me how to fly.

Aphius, your signature made me burst out laughing!
      -William Dement

Anyways, i'm about to go medieval on my subconsious (I've had it up to here with mine). Read that here... http://www.dreamviews.com/forum/viewtopic....9840&highlight=

I must ask, did it work?
      Please, share the details.
      I'm riveted.
      Whats better than complete freedom from laws, both judicial and physical?

New York/Massachusetts. College can do funny things like that
      im going to have to agree with nina, i've met 5 or 6 different DG's and they ALL looked different and they all acted different. like they are different sides of my personality. After that dream, i never see them again...im getting sick of looking for them

i also heard that you can have more than DG...meh...

Curiosity killed the cat but at least it didnt die an ignorant bastard

So many talks about a dream guide.... Has anyone managed to ask their DG a real question? It's not so much about how they look, it's what you ask them. I've met my dream guide and asked him about LD. He said he couldn't do that - I must first ask a question and he will answer. Of course I didn't manage to acomplish this so far.....

ALES

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      The City that never sleeps

recurring dc

I have this recurring dream character that's always telling me what i know i have to do, but i dont want to do it. Like in one dream, i was drunk, and i was going to this girls house to tell her that i had feelings for her. He was walking beside me and kept telling me not to go.

He's been in a bunch of my dreams and he always looks the same. I'm actually getting to like him (i'm assuming it's a him). He always says and tells me to do what's right. Could he be like a manifestation of my conceince? Not sure about DG's though. Maybe this guy's my DG and i dont even know it.

Vox
      Raised by: OpheliaBlue

wait a second...

I lost all of my posts! My account was deleted, and i don't have my hitch hiker sticker anymore, and i did it too!

Oh, anyways. Reading this i just realized this, none of the common chatacters have ever directly said that they were my dream guide(s) but i have a very strong hunch that i have one, Never seen her, but she likes to just talk to me if i did something really stupid and need to get out.
      Specifically the moment where i got myself killed when i was dreaming, protecting my friends. I couldn't even move in my bed and wake up, i couldn't see a thing either place.
      And recently, there is someone with really long hair, wants to kill me and shows up at the most inopertune times. Never got his name, but there is someone helping me. (But i don't think that the guy is the dream guide, the good one, because he's a guy and the voice was obviously a girl's. Plus he seems like he's on the verge of being dark, but he's not. Or at least he's nice to me.)

Maybe that guy didn't like it when i told him that i didn't want to follow him (i knew he was evil then too) and now he wants to hurt me.
      Now i'm rambling. Sorry...
      Why is it that when i am holding all of the cards, everyone else decided to play chess?
      adopted by Rakkantekimusouka

The Matrix... Wishes to: Free DV ....... Bears the truth: What do you think?
      I have tried to summon my DG on several occasions by just shouting: "DREAM GUIDE!!!!". Unfortunately, I never get the effect that I hope for. One time my Dg came, and she told me to get in a car with her and some people. Instead, idiot I am, I refused and told her that why would I want to ride in a car, when I could ride a bike(PCJ900 for those familiar with GTA:VC). I wasn't that lucid that time, as you can see. The rest of the times, instead of my DG coming along, some random hot chick who I end up having sex with comes in her place. It's not like I am asking for it, though. I guess it could be my subconscious' way of distracting me from my real intentions...

...but when I wake up it always pisses me off that I was so easily distracted from my true purpose like that. Next time I will do my best to be more focused
      If I hadn't made me
      I'd be more inclined to bow
      Powers that be would have swallowed me up
      But that's more than I can allow...

Philly
      Originally posted by Mystical_Journey
      It reminds me of that Simpson’s episode with the fox, where homer walks up that entire pyramid thing!
      "and that talking fox wasnt a talking fox at all, it was just that talking dog!"

"hi homer!"

"huh?"

"woof!"

hahaha a great episode homer eats too much spicy chili...
      There's good and evil in each individual fire
      identifies needs and feeds our desires
      as long as we keep our spirit inspired
      she can bite her bottom lip all she wants

In my last lucid dream I asked people to help me find my dream guide. A Spanish-speaking woman (don't ask how I knew it was Spanish. I have no clue.) pointed to a house and the other woman translated saying: She's in that house. I walked to the house with the translator woman. Somehow I lost lucidity when I entered the house. I kicked myself in the morning for my stupidity. I could barely remember the rest of the dream. I should have asked her to come to me! Oh well. I did get one piece of information out of it. My dream guide is a girl. Hopefully I'll see her tonight. (I might ask a random DG to walk around reminding me it's a dream) Thanks for the advice guys!
      -William Dement

Halloween Town
      Originally posted by Imachinchilla
      (I might ask a random DG to walk around reminding me it's a dream)
      Hehe, thats a really good idea. Hire someone to be your 'Designated Dream Reminder'.

I met my dream guide! I actually have three, but they're all the same person. Her name is Jane Mary. She split herself into three people because of a legal case. One is herself younger about my age with long straight black hair. The other is herself older about seventy or so. She herself is about forty with short black hair. It was really wierd because I reconized them and the name. I think I might have actually seen the girl in a different dream. It felt like I had seen them around; the name seemed familiar, too. I didn't get to ask them anything because my dream was ending, but hopefully I will tonight. Oops almost forgot to mention, I found her by walking outside and saying I want to meet my dream guide.
      -William Dement

Originally posted by Aphius+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Aphius)</div>
      <!--QuoteBegin-Imachinchilla
      (I might ask a random DG to walk around reminding me it's a dream)
      Hehe, thats a really good idea. Hire someone to be your 'Designated Dream Reminder'. [/b]
      Sweet, I'll see if CLARiTY minds doing that next time I meet her. (ie. when I stop trying to make people explode in my dreams and do somthing else, but exploding people is so fun )

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast