• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Thread: LD death?

LD death?

If you die in a LD what would happen? from my dreaming experiences when i die the shock of how i died wakes me up, same concept for LDs?
      also i hear there is no pain in LD's is that true? (call me crazy but i want pain)

Getting there... Thatguynextdoor's Avatar
      San Marcos, CA
      Naah you can feel pain in LDs. I've went paintballing in one and it HURT (I love close-combat paintball)
      Lucids: NONE

q t pi
      LD Count
      Paraguay
      DJ Entries
      Oh well there is definately pain. You can't die. I even tested it. I jumped off a skyscraper, had someone shoot me in the face, blow myself up. I just restart the dream.
      if you can read this then you are about to be punched

They are just dreams, lucid or not. You will not suffer physical injuries in reality if you suffer them in dreams. You can be woken up by pain if it is strong enough, though that depends on the person. Some people don't feel any pain at all in lucids, but, again, that depends on the person.

DJ Entries
      If you die in a dream or lucid dream, you won't die in RL. I'm sure everyone at some point died in a normal dream and still woke up fine in RL. As for pain, some people feel them in LDs while others don't. It works on your expectations, so, if you don't expect to feel it, you won't
      # of LDs so far: DILD-1, WILD-0, Awareness-5
      Max Dreams recalled in one night: 3
      Goals: Learn to fly [] - Find out more about myself [] - Explore the sea [] - Pray in an LD []
      Read my DJ: Whirlwind of Dreams
      Read my current research: CAT Research
      Read my meditation experiences: Meditation Experiences

BC, Canada
      My back was clawed by a lion in my first or second LD, I woke up and felt scratch marks on my back.
      After everything short of panicking I realized that it was my girlfriend that left them.

But if I do participate in strenuous activity in one, I spend the rest of the day with an irregular pulse.
      So I guess they can have a physical effect on you, it's just to a certain extent.
      Lucid Dreams Since Joining Forum: 5
      [ ] Tolerate, not obliterate, my DCs. [ ] Swallow a grenade & see what happens.

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

I once had a non-lucid dream where I banged my head on a wall. I was about to become lucid but it hurt so much that I thought it was real life.

I also died a damn lot of times in my dreams. Sometimes about 5 or 6 times in a row. I like dying in dreams because whenever I do so, my awareness increases (don't know why). I had a lot of LDs from dying when I was a kid.

I had a non-lucid dream where I fell from a tall office building in a city. I hit the ground and died on impact. I felt nothing, it was pretty awesome.

I dont feel pain in any of my dreams. All that I can feel is a slight pressure, like if I'm shot or stabbed I feel pressure at the point of impact.

Does the whole falling off a cliff and waking up right before you hit the ground count as dying in a dream? If not, then I have never died in a dream. Even in those dreams, usually before I would hit, something would rescue me and then proceed to pull me along right above the ground at a high rate of speed. It felt like being scooped up by a giant invisible bird or something.

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class

UK
      Quote Originally Posted by BigFan View Post
      If you die in a dream or lucid dream, you won't die in RL.
      This comes up fairly frequently, but...

How would one ever know if someone died IRL while dreaming/LDing?

Look at the figures, and the applied probability: countless humans have "died in their sleep" over the millenia. Can anyone honestly say that none of these was dreaming/LDing when they died? No. Contrarily, I would say that it is highly probable that some of those who died in such a way were dreaming at the time, so..

Quote Originally Posted by BigFan View Post
      I'm sure everyone at some point died in a normal dream and still woke up fine in RL.
      Everyone? Are you sure? I've never "died" in an LD nor in normal dreaming.

DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Oneiro View Post
      This comes up fairly frequently, but...

How would one ever know if someone died IRL while dreaming/LDing?

Look at the figures, and the applied probability: countless humans have "died in their sleep" over the millenia. Can anyone honestly say that none of these was dreaming/LDing when they died? No. Contrarily, I would say that it is highly probable that some of those who died in such a way were dreaming at the time, so..
      Yes, you're right, there is no way to know that 100% sure

Quote Originally Posted by Oneiro View Post
      Everyone? Are you sure? I've never "died" in an LD nor in normal dreaming.
      I was mostly basing this on people on the forums who have died countless times in lucids and non-lucids and always woke up fine
      # of LDs so far: DILD-1, WILD-0, Awareness-5
      Max Dreams recalled in one night: 3
      Goals: Learn to fly [] - Find out more about myself [] - Explore the sea [] - Pray in an LD []
      Read my DJ: Whirlwind of Dreams
      Read my current research: CAT Research
      Read my meditation experiences: Meditation Experiences