• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Thread: My first

Robot Ninja
      Cloud 9

Talking My first

WOW. I had my first ever lucid dream last night.
      I could cry with happiness, right now.
      I've been trying to LD on and off for about 2 years, and this is the first one that i've been able to actually dream one.
      Copypasta from my dream journal, go!

So I was sitting on a bunk bed, on the bottom level, and I just reality checked.
      I don't know how, nor why, but I did.

I could breathe! Remembering what happened to me last time that I freaked out, I didn't do anything drastic. I just thought, FUCK YEAH, and got up. I was so amazed, when I got up in the dream, instead of real life, as I thought I was going to.

Right about here, I made a mental note to be sure to visit the Lucid Crossroads, I even felt the lump of the little gold medallion in my back pocket, which I could tap to transport me there. I was intent on visiting them.

So I looked around the room, and it was a bedroom from a holiday house I spend time in about once a year.
      ... I'll just draw it. The layout was slightly different in places, quite noticeable in others.
      ______
      |...........| <-- En suite, slightly larger than in real life
      |...........|
      |_/____|___________
      |.................................|
      |..............|_bed1_|.....|
      /..............|_bed2_|.....|
      |________|_bbed_|__| <-- I was sitting on the bottom bunk of the bunk bed.

So I got up, and I moved in the dream. I was shocked, but tried to keep myself calm, and did.
      I walked over to the door (the slash on the left), and found that it led to a huge wooden
      staircase, dark brown wood banisters, steps and everything. It had a few windows down a floor or so, but I couldn't make anything out. Before reaching the door, I jumped forward in the air, wanting to fly, but I evidently didn't think about it right, or something, because I fell. . It didn't hurt, unsurprisingly.

The stairs went down out of my sight from my POV. (In real life, it leads to a patio)
      I called my dad, who I saw on a landing a few meters away, he walked over, and said,
      "What?" in a jokey way.
      I said, "I'm dreaming! You won't remember though."
      He said "Oh, cool." and he walked back to where he was to continue talking to my mum. (I heard her voice).

I turned back around, facing the room. There were my sisters sitting on bed2 (see diagram), and my brother was sitting on bed1 (again), playing with two dark blue hoola-hoops, for some reason.
      So I raised my hands, and turned to my brother. I thought really hard about using the force (StarWars-style) on him and lifting him up. It took a second or two, but then I picked him up, and span him around. My sisters giggled and my brother laughed in amusement. He then threw the hoola-hoops at me, I don't actually recall them touching me, but they bounced away without hurting me. It was quite easy to lift him up, once I'd got the hang of it, it was mostly about hand movements coinciding with where I was thinking I wanted him to go. I stuck him up on the second bunk, set him down for a few seconds - (He was still in a sitting position) - then brought him back round and stuck him in the bathroom. I then dropped my hands and sort of relinquished the control.

Remembering something, I walked over to the be my sisters were on, facing them. They didn't notice me, well, they didn't talk to me if they did. I thought about (changed his name) "Joe" sitting on the bed behind me, turned around and there was this old man with grey hair and a long beige jacket sitting on the bed. I turned around again and thought very hard about "Joe" specifically, his looks, his personality, etc. On turning around, he said, "hey!". It was him, just as I remember him from school yesterday. :-)

I dived onto him, and hugged him. We rolled onto the bed. He felt so real in my arms, his body heat, his hair slightly laying on my face... His gentle breathing was quite noticeable. Looking back, I don't recall myself breathing much, except when I reality checked. Which I did a total of three times, just to be sure. :3
      Well, speaking of reality checks, I saw my brother looking at me, from his seat on the bed. I knew it was only him in my dream, and he would know nothing of whatever happened in real life. I reality checked again, to be sure, before I used the force to close the curtains that were on the bottom bunk bed. I must have manifested them without realising it, 'cause they sure hell aren't there in real life. So these blue curtains shut off my brother's and sisters' view of me and "Joe".
      What happened next is for my mind only.

But when I got out of the bunk, "Joe" lying down - asleep, I thought - there was this tall blonde guy in the room. For fun, I force-shoved him up through the ceiling - with a sort of uppercut movement with my arm, and willing him to do so - to find out that it was one of those ceilings with the tiled slats. You get them in airports, some schools and the like. It's a steel grid with these slats going across the gaps, I think they're used for easy access to the wiring above.
      This guy, somewhere up above me, said "You're in for it now" - or something along those lines. I don't know if I lost control of this particular part of the dream, or that my mind just likes cinematic moments, but all I saw was these thick brown-with-rust water pipes covered in some sort of fungi being bent downward, he was using the same kind of force I was, I gathered.
      The water pipes broke, and water came flooding into the room, along with all the muck and fungi from the roof. The guy then appeared (Well, he got there somehow, I think he fell back down when I wasn't looking) in front of the door to the en suite. We had a battle, of sorts, using the force. It was fun.

He fired a force-push thing at me, I'd dodged it, then fired another back at him. It was so FUN, to be able to use this power that I've always dreamed - haha - of using, since I have been about six. I did use the lightning that the Sith use, and it was really cool how it lit the room.
      So yeah, we were firing at each other, I didn't think of much else, only using the force. It would have been fun to make a lightsaber, or a wall, or something. Didn't cross my mind at the time.
      Suddenly, I was looking at this town-city kind of place, with all these 2 story houses being flooded, with water pouring out of the windows... I knew which house was the one I was/had been in, I just knew. I don't know how, they all looked the same. There was also this really trippy voice over! He was talking about what happened, from my point of view (He said I, instead of you, or he). I don't sound like that. No, really.

Then me and my parents were at this dinner party thing, it brought up some serious deja-vu, I don't know why. The general layout looked like something i've seen before. I get deja-vu a lot, if get is the right word.
      We talked to the blonde guy's parents, who said something about sludge and his dinner melting with the water, his mum said something like "we should look into that". It was wierd.

I felt myself waking up at this point, I just sort of knew that if i tried to move, it would be my waking-life body. I was dissapointed, but after laying still for a minute or two, trying to get back into the dream, I couldn't, and just woke up. Now I am here with you now.

This has made me fully regain confidence in Lucid Dreaming. 100&#37;. I gave up multiple times, and got quite upset at my seeming-inability to be able to Lucid Dream... And if there are any people who haven't had one yet, don't worry, you will. It may just take a while, that's all.
      Keep up the reality checks!

Phew... I'm still really happy. Hah.

Peace.
      Last edited by Roryflyguy; 09-06-2008 at 02:29 PM.
      [ Email me ]
      LD count: 1

Texas
      Cool! Sounds like you had a really fun dream! Do you RC everytime you wake up? Maybe that's what triggered you to do it in your bed. Lol at the curtains. Once I was at Girl Scout Camp, and me and a couple other girls made curtains out of sleeping bags.
      Absence makes the heart grow fonder, fondness makes the absence longer.

Robot Ninja
      Cloud 9
      Cool! Sounds like you had a really fun dream!

Yeah, it was very fun.

Do you RC everytime you wake up?

I don't remember to RC every time I wake up, but I do sometimes.

Lol at the curtains. Once I was at Girl Scout Camp, and me and a couple other girls made curtains out of sleeping bags.

Heh, the curtains were handy.
      Curtains out of sleeping bags? Funky.

-RFG

[ Email me ]
      LD count: 1

* DV Veteran * Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV 50000 Hall Points
      USA
      Roryflyguy, what a great first lucid and you remembered so much of it! Congratulations and may it be the first of many more!