• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Boogie Down Bronx

Help with Sleep Paralysis!

Well, I'm really having a problem Going in to sleep paralysis
      Because i keep swallowing my Saliva. I would be Numb almost all over an then swallow and would regain back feeling into my body almost immediately. So guys, what's a good technique to stop myself from swallowing when I'm trying to Enter SP ?

-Thanks for any future advice given

~Regards
      LD's None

Goal Of March 2008
      -Have 5 Successful LD dreams
      Adopted by Sean999

There's that method someone called Hypnagogic Surfing as a working title, where you listen to calm music while WILDing. That might help you to drift off a little, because swallowing, as well as limbs getting numb is only a psychological thing. When you're falling asleep normally, that also doesn't happen, it only happens because you're afraid of it happening.
      Quote Originally Posted by Terrorhawker View Post
      It isn't like your dream recall got up in the middle of the night and thought, "Fuck him, I'm going somewhere else."

Boogie Down Bronx
      So how would I get rid of the fear of Swallowing?
      LD's None

Goal Of March 2008
      -Have 5 Successful LD dreams
      Adopted by Sean999

Like I said. When you concentrate on the music and not think about swallowing, it's just not a factor anymore.
      It isn't like your dream recall got up in the middle of the night and thought, "Fuck him, I'm going somewhere else."

WILDing seems like a waste of my time. Last night I tried to WILD, but I didn't get anywhere. My hands and arms were paralyzed(more like weakened), but the rest of my body wasn't paralyzed. I got annoyed because I counted up to like 350, but nothing happened. I tried WILDing for like 30 minutes to an hour. Should I do it longer to see if the rest of my body will get paralyzed?

Well, don't expect it to work at the first try. You can't play piano the first time you try it either.

the 10th dimension with dah super strings

Drooling? :D

I remember reading about this same swallowing problem on another thread (I can't remember which!). Someone suggested just placing a towel under your face and just letting the saliva flow. It sounds icky, but if it doesn't bug you it might just be the trick you need!
      "You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later."
      -Mitch Hedberg

Kaeli's Dream Journal

Master of Logic Achievements:
      1 year registered 5000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Some rocky planet with water
      A hint: don't eat anything some good time before going to bed - but don't go to bed hungry either. Depending on the position you sleep at, I'd suggest keeping your mouth open, and use a towel if needed. Notice, though, that most probably the salive your drool are produced before you start the WILD thing.. so relax a bit, relax a lot... like you were in a spa with people massaging you.. and once you notice you're starting to droll, swallow it in for a last time and it should work.

In case none of the above works, just do what kaeraz said, or either even put the towel inside your mouth.

--------------------------------
      WolfTsunade:

You're probably not going further because of focusing too much. RELAX lol. But also remember not to focus on not focusing - it's like trying to turn otu fire with oil.

The hint I give is to think of WILD like it were meditation... but not equal to meditation in the point of not having anything in your mind. You should just watch things passively. If you seem to think of nothing, don't worry: what happens is that your thoughts are currently subconscious, but will emerge any soon. Again, RELAX.. and let the thing work for itself. I do not recommend any form of counting/visualising/etc - just watch as your thoughts slowly emerge from smooth colours and words to full-blown dream scenes.
      ~Kromoh

Saying quantum physics explains cognitive processes is just like saying geology explains jurisprudence.