• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Member Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

Post Anyone die in a non-LD

I did, it was pretty sad I died in my friends hands after running away from the police and got shot. I immediately viewed from a close but higher vantage point to the left and felt quite calm and grateful to my friend grieving over me, anyone else have a similar experience?

Banned
      Last night I dreamed that I died when I was lucid after falling off of a balcony and landed on my neck with 2 other people. It felt as if my memories were erased and I was washed over in this odd feeling. Then it seemed as like my body was instantaneously fixing what had killed me and I came back to life.

The avatarless one
      Norway
      I have died a few times in both lucid dreams and non lucid dreams, but my non lucid dreams turn lucid as I die. I then roam around as a ghost, hovering around and flying through walls.

Theoretically Impossible Idolfan's Avatar
      UK
      DJ Entries
      I ran towards a river that was flowing from a volcano and as I was running I thought that the water would be boiling (since it was near a volcanic area). I slipped and when I fell into it there was a sudden moment of terror and my vision redirected to the river bed. I heard myself scream but I don't actually remember opening my mouth to do so, I even saw my body from the riverbed. The dream started to fade and go weird and as it did I remember thinking things like, "so this is death, that was it?". It was really strange when I woke up because I honestly beleived that I died.

My actual beleifs are that after death; that's it as you have no brain to interpret death with so that wouldn't happen anyway. I kind of think we get resurrected but I don't think you live on with your life memories, it all starts from scratch.

location();
      I have died many times in non-LDs, this may sound weird but I have enjoyed most of them, if not all.

italy
      DJ Entries
      nope
      never, neither in normal dreams nor in LDs
      once i tried, didn't work at all.
      Monkey Is BACK!

"O" will suffice. Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Gold Veteran First Class Populated Wall Tagger First Class 25000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      20+ Years Worth
      Central Florida
      DJ Entries
      I've died in a few non-LD's, and have even started some of them as a ghost. My most memorable one was pretty similar to the one you described, Korn.

I've written the whole thing out a few times, so, for the short version:

I started one dream on an airplane. I had no idea how I'd gotten there and asked someone where the plane was going. The person said the plane was going to Heaven, and that everyone on the plane, including me, was dead. They told me I had died in my sleep.

I then had a false awakening, directly after that dream. I was so glad that I wasn't really dead. But, then I rolled over in bed, and saw that I was laying next to my body. My parents came in the room and could see my body, but not the one that I was actually experiencing. They saw that I had died in my sleep and sat there, grieving over me. As a ghost, they couldn't see me or hear me, and I could only sit and watch as they cried.

It was the single, most powerful dream I've ever had. I never felt so happy to be alive, than I did when I woke up, after that dream.
      http://i.imgur.com/Ke7qCcF.jpg
      (Or see the very best of my journal entries @ dreamwalkerchronicles.blogspot)

DJ Entries
      I've commited suicide in non-lds when i was younger.

Many times actually...

Sad at the time.

I'm feeling depressed now. kthnxbai.
      You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light.

Michigan, USA
      Uncountable times in non-LD. If being turned undead classifies as dieing then yes in an LD.
      Dream Journal
      "....If I knew everything, all the doors would be open but there would be nothing to see or hear."
      -Myself

Lucid in life! ~Existence G0MPgomp's Avatar
      I re·side [primarily] in Norway...
      Yes. I often died, to wake up here..
      I know who I am, as I become...

http://terror.sintrax.net/~geir/permanent/Gif/symbol.gif

Ad absurdum Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Block 4500-7000
      I die a lot in non-LDs, usually right before I wake up. I wonder if this is my subconscious` way of ending a dream...

"O" will suffice. Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Gold Veteran First Class Populated Wall Tagger First Class 25000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      20+ Years Worth
      Central Florida
      DJ Entries
      Had another dream-death, last night.

http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...&postcount=407
      http://i.imgur.com/Ke7qCcF.jpg
      (Or see the very best of my journal entries @ dreamwalkerchronicles.blogspot)

Dragon's Keep
      DJ Entries
      I've only died once- I was stabbed 7 times in the heart 9with throwing knives), and it hurt and I was covered with blood. Then I saw a white light, and I was healed (minus the bloodstains) and alive.

I think that means I died int hat dream.
      The saying "in your dreams" has taken on a whole new meaning...

Lucid Tasks Completed: 2 regular, 1 advanced

Apparently, my dream name is Jharaerea.

DO A REALITY CHECK NOW

jmp
      I was eaten by a dream character. But rather than die I lived inside of him. So I spose that doesn't really count, I built a house out of food he ate. Wierd dream.

I've died many times when lucid, mostly due to my own choice. For example;
      Driving off a cliff
      Eating 12 hippo's
      Et cetera
      —─—─—─—─—─—─—─—─—─—─—─—─—─—─—─—
      {~]-[tomorrow will be the most beautiful day of your life]-[~}
      —─—─—─—─—─—─—─—─—─—─—─—─—─—─—─—

Utah
      I've died once in a non-lucid dream. I was in a jeep with a former co-worker driving up the side of a steep mountain trying to get to a ledge. The jeep couldn't handle the incline and fell backwards off the mountain and crushed me and my co-worker. As we were falling, I knew I was going to die, and was calm about it. After the crash, I was standing next to where the jeep had landed, but there was nothing there. I realized it was stupid of me to try to go up the mountain in a jeep, and started climbing it. I got to a ledge at the top, looked down at the view, then realized that my kids needed me, and I couldn't be dead. My family needed me too much.

Of course, I woke up alive and well, but wondering.
      All is not what it seems in your dreams.
      Seeking for lucidity
      1: Dream Recall, 2: Dreamsigns, 3: Reality Checks, 4: Lucid!
      I've had 2 lucid dreams to date
      [SIZE=1]Found a dream dictionary for interpreting dreams:link removed

LondON
      Quote Originally Posted by jmp View Post
      I was eaten by a dream character. But rather than die I lived inside of him. So I spose that doesn't really count, I built a house out of food he ate. Wierd dream.

I've died many times when lucid, mostly due to my own choice. For example;
      Eating 12 hippo's

eating 12 hippo's ha ha

I wake up just before I die, mostly cos of fear from what will happen ...

I dont like the feeling of falling, cos you can actually feel decending, FAST ....
      'Dream on'

Member Achievements:
      Quote Originally Posted by Oneironaut View Post
      I've died in a few non-LD's, and have even started some of them as a ghost. My most memorable one was pretty similar to the one you described, Korn.

I've written the whole thing out a few times, so, for the short version:

I started one dream on an airplane. I had no idea how I'd gotten there and asked someone where the plane was going. The person said the plane was going to Heaven, and that everyone on the plane, including me, was dead. They told me I had died in my sleep.

I then had a false awakening, directly after that dream. I was so glad that I wasn't really dead. But, then I rolled over in bed, and saw that I was laying next to my body. My parents came in the room and could see my body, but not the one that I was actually experiencing. They saw that I had died in my sleep and sat there, grieving over me. As a ghost, they couldn't see me or hear me, and I could only sit and watch as they cried.

It was the single, most powerful dream I've ever had. I never felt so happy to be alive, than I did when I woke up, after that dream.
      Wow that's really awesome story

I have died quite a few times in dreams, usually by getting murdered (for some reason I get chased and murdered a lot in dreams ) Just last week I dreamed that McDreamy (Patrick Dempsey's character on Grey's Anatomy) killed me for some reason.. Definitely NOT the dream I wanted to have about him

USA
      I had a dream that some doctors strapped me down to a hosptial bed and gave me some shots that killed me. I could hear the heart monitor making the sound it makes when your heart stops and felt my organs shutting down and then everything became dark and quiet. I woke up after that.

Wisconsin
      When I was a kid and my anxiety disorder got the best of me, I died in dreams almost every single night. Now I don't die as often, but I have recently. I dreamt me and my friend were trying to kill eachother for some unknown reason. It was a pretty complex dream that involved guns and monster trucks. It lead into a school building and me taking cover behind the Monster truck. I was shot, but I kept moving. I was floating on the ceiling watching my friend realize what he'd done, also what other people were doing. I could even see my own "dead" body.

Signature skilled by ClouD
      Quote Originally Posted by Oscar
      ...so you went to italy and you didnt even see the eiffel tower?

Gez
      Wales.
      I got shot point blanc in the head the other night.
      didnt hurt though.
      Our dreams are firsthand creations, rather than residues of waking life. We have the capacity for infinite creativity.

LD Count
      i/0
      Canada
      And I find it kind of funny
      I find it kind of sad
      The dreams in which I'm dying
      Are the best I've ever had

Near New York City
      Well, as superman, I fell while I was flying, onto a chimney. And died. Fond memories.

Member Achievements:
      Mad world, no?

My blessing, is my curse Shamrox's Avatar
      LD Count
      Keller Texas
      DJ Entries
      I did have a dream once when i was very young. It was so frightening that it has stuck with me my entire life up until this point. It was a vivid non lucid dream, in which Freddy Krueger wrapped my entire body in saran wrap until i could not move a muscle. He then placed me into the red hot oven in my homes kitchen. The kitchen, the house, even my oven were all very accurate and it all felt very real. I immidiately began watching from the top left corner inside of the oven, as my body began to bubble. The saran wrap melted away and my pink, bloody, boiling face was the last thing i saw before waking up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast