• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
      Consciousness Itself Universal Mind's Avatar
      Everywhere
      How do you know you are not dreaming right now?

For that,
      he'd have to exist

Imran
      "...You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world..." - Terence McKenna

Previously known as imran_p

I *AM* Glyphs! Achievements:
      1 year registered 5000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      UCT or home - depends what time you catch me :P
      what is a "dissorder"

(you know exactly what I mean)
      "There are people who say there is no God, but what makes me really angry is that they quote me for support of such views." ~Albert Einstein

Ask meWay BackYour SoulMy Dream Story (Chapter two UP!) •

Everywhere
      Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
      what is a "dissorder"

(you know exactly what I mean)
      [/b]
      I posted a link to the DSM IV criteria for that particular one. DSM IV is the official book of criteria for the various psychological diagnoses.

Here are some descriptions of what peronality disorders in general are.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&def...on&ct=title

You seem to never give straight answers. You just ask questions, and when your questions are answered, you bail. Try answering a question. I answer your questions all the time. Try answering one of mine.

Banned
      Yes.

I first need to find out what y0ou mean by disorder
      "There are people who say there is no God, but what makes me really angry is that they quote me for support of such views." ~Albert Einstein

The Netherlands
      The god in the bible does fit perfectly in those createria.

Kind of weird how god resembles the kind of human we would call 'retarded' or 'Narcisstic' (and 'dangagous, if yuor temper is that bad and you tend to kill for every small thing).
      “What a peculiar privilege has this little agitation of the brain which we call 'thought'” -Hume

Keeper do you play dodgeball?

You'd be fuckin excellent
      you ahve perfected, down to a tee, the art of dodging.

You dont bloody answer anything

Imran
      "...You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world..." - Terence McKenna

The Netherlands
      Quote Originally Posted by imran_p View Post
      Keeper do you play dodgeball?

You'd be fuckin excellent
      you ahve perfected, down to a tee, the art of dodging.

You dont bloody answer anything

Imran
      [/b]
      lol, I didn't know you was funny too : )
      “What a peculiar privilege has this little agitation of the brain which we call 'thought'” -Hume

Everywhere
      I first need to find out what y0ou mean by disorder
      [/b]
      First, I gave you the OFFICIAL diagnostic criteria for Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Then, I gave you several explanations of what is considered a "personality disorder". Then you still demanded a definition of "disorder", a word that has many definitions. That is why giving specific definitions of "personality disorder" and a very clear explanation of what Narcissistic Personality Disorder is should have been way, way more than enough for you to give a straight answer. You are running out of dodge room. Here is a whole web page of definitions of "disorder" taken from several dictionaries...

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/disorder

I have done more than enough for you to have no more excuses. It is your turn to give an answer.

I also wrote a whole lot about the basics of evolution from molecules to humans in the Extended Discussion forum. You have not given an analysis of it yet, and you are the one who asked for one. You have a bad habit of running away.

Quote Originally Posted by Universal View Post
      You have a bad habit of running away.
      [/b]

False.

In Keepers trade, running away is a useful habit to aquire.

DODGEBALL

Imran

Everywhere
      Quote Originally Posted by imran_p View Post
      False.

In Keepers trade, running away is a useful habit to aquire.

DODGEBALL

Imran
      [/b]
      Dodging is a good analogy, but so is attacking and running. He just keeps coming back and pretending that he is actually participating.

lol, to be hoenst alothugh, keeper is a frequent participant in the "off topic dscussion" forums, i hav enever actually witnessed him get into a serious debate and sustain it for a period of time, he just starts them all

Imran

I sence a lot of hate and/or irritation directed at me

I feel at home

This is the way I do things, but thin real life and on the net. More often then not I ask people to go deeper into there logic to see there thinking prossess, and often they will stop, they will say "oh what ..." and the conversation will end as they think even further

You say "disorder": a disturbance in physical or mental health or functions; malady or dysfunction: a mild stomach disorder.

so, by what standered are you going? Are you compairing God to mankind? Are you going to compair orangis and apples?

Imran, I dont really enjoy physical exersises, and my reflexes arn't that grate, so no, I dont play Dodge

It looks like you guys are wipping yourselves into a Luke-hating frenzy. This is the way I am, and you havn't complained before (that I recall)

You dont know me personally, but I enjoy talking to someone face to face and debating with them like that, but I have difficulty doing this on the net, but if you want to think I am avoiding you, I wont stop you, and I wont bother trying to correct you, because you have already assured yourselves that I am a "runner" or "troll", and nothing I can do will make you changer your minds.

none of you want to either

Banned
      Instead of typing all that out, why not just answer the question?

San Antonio, TX
      DJ Entries
      if God really was narcissistic then why isn't God on a throne demanding that all humans worship Godself. Why is God hidden, willingly, to the point you can believe God is not even there?

however, my views of God are more in line with Shiva. The whole universe is a reflection of God, the whole purpose is self love - God loving Godself. But understanding the universe as a reflection or extension, the narcissism starts when you love yourself as well.

Mostly Harmless
      Holy shit. I just read that link you posted in the first post, Universal. Fuck God,

I Have Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

EDIT: Knickers, it must be true. Look how I made that "I" big and bold!

L'enfant terrible Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      Somewhere inbetween a dream and a nightmare
      DJ Entries
      Is this a dig at mental illnesses, God, Keeper or all of the above?

Whichever, it's a stupid topic.

Mental illnesses are 'deviation from social norms/levels-of-functionality/whatever-the-illness-is-affecting', so mental illness diagnoses serve their purpose, God doesn't apply, and geeze, stop picking on Keeper. Half of the posts here are snide digs at the way Keeper answers, and this topic was probably to bait him aswell. Surely most of you have better things to do than try to ruin a guy's beliefs, right?
      Bring back images in the signature bar

I sence a lot of hate and/or irritation directed at me

I feel at home

This is the way I do things, but thin real life and on the net. More often then not I ask people to go deeper into there logic to see there thinking prossess, and often they will stop, they will say "oh what ..." and the conversation will end as they think even further

You say "disorder": a disturbance in physical or mental health or functions; malady or dysfunction: a mild stomach disorder.

so, by what standered are you going? Are you compairing God to mankind? Are you going to compair orangis and apples?

Imran, I dont really enjoy physical exersises, and my reflexes arn't that grate, so no, I dont play Dodge

It looks like you guys are wipping yourselves into a Luke-hating frenzy. This is the way I am, and you havn't complained before (that I recall)

You dont know me personally, but I enjoy talking to someone face to face and debating with them like that, but I have difficulty doing this on the net, but if you want to think I am avoiding you, I wont stop you, and I wont bother trying to correct you, because you have already assured yourselves that I am a "runner" or "troll", and nothing I can do will make you changer your minds.

none of you want to either
      [/b]
      If I were going to compare "orangis" to "apples," I would start by saying "apples" is a word, whereas "orangis" lacks that particular quality.

Sorry, sorry sorry sorry, I know everyone makes spelling mistakes, but that one was just so good.

So, if God has all the qualities of that "disorder," and I have all those qualities as well, then, really, since God can't technincally have a disorder (anything wrong with him), all these qualities are the best to have, so I have all the best qualities by having this "disorder," and EVERYone should strive to have this "disorder?"

For those of you who think it is entertaining how Keeper dodges questions (no hate intended Keeper, I just think it's hilarious&#33 here's almost the exact words of a conversation I've had with Keeper:

Me: Hey, Keeper, you seem to be dodging the question I am asking. I said to answer it "yes" or "no." So, Keeper, respond with "YES" or "NO," and only with "YES" or "NO." Then we can get on with our lives. (I go on to ask my question). Yes, or no?

Keeper: (something other than "yes" or "no")

It's great!
      La dee da

Here is not specifically defined
      Quote Originally Posted by juroara View Post

however, my views of God are more in line with Shiva. The whole universe is a reflection of God, the whole purpose is self love - God loving Godself. But understanding the universe as a reflection or extension, the narcissism starts when you love yourself as well.
      [/b]
      That makes sense.

If one where to suppose that god really exists, then one might suppose also that that god be considered as "the universal mind" and that alone makes him sound narcissistic.
      Reality is only one moment away form right now is reality. Check... Dream Sign... Engage Lucid Dreaming!

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltho
      http://www.taltho.com
      tlatho.com Coming soon with pic's of me and family.

Side note, some questions don't have yes or no answers that will satisfy a person's belief systems... You have to think in a different context, i.e. that's person's belief system

Anyways, If it was possible to have a positive narcissism disorder then God would definitely have it. Narcissism always comes with a negative tone. I think God is narcissitic except without all the exclusion stuff, and I "art better than thou," it's more like I'm awesome you're awesome with me, were all awesome, and perfect and the best creations ever...

but not to get all sappy and maudlin...

But do you see my point!!!!!!

\|/
      /\
      Oohhumm

I'm not doubting you, I just can't think of any situations where that is true. I'd rather have you prove I'm wrong than do it for you. What question of the form "Do you think X" would not have a yes, no, or maybe value in a certain belief system?

I realize I just changed it to include maybe, which changes the situation entirely (agnostics, etc.). But the point is, he didn't even say something to the effect of "maybe." It was Q: "Hey, is the sky blue?" A: "My, grass is lovely!" I just find it funny.
      La dee da

Quote Originally Posted by 3FLryan View Post
      I'm not doubting you, I just can't think of any situations where that is true. I'd rather have you prove I'm wrong than do it for you. What question of the form "Do you think X" would not have a yes, no, or maybe value in a certain belief system?

I realize I just changed it to include maybe, which changes the situation entirely (agnostics, etc.). But the point is, he didn't even say something to the effect of "maybe." It was Q: "Hey, is the sky blue?" A: "My, grass is lovely!" I just find it funny.
      [/b]

I agree

My idea was think of the question: Do you think god likes animals, yes or no... what happens if you don't believe in god...
      Oohhumm

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth View Post
      I agree

My idea was think of the question: Do you think god likes animals, yes or no... what happens if you don't believe in god...
      [/b]
      Huh, true, didn't think of that sort of thing. I guess if the question just doesn't make sense to you, you can't even begin to answer it in a coherent way.
      La dee da

Everywhere
      Quote Originally Posted by Wolffe View Post
      Is this a dig at mental illnesses, God, Keeper or all of the above?

Whichever, it's a stupid topic.

Mental illnesses are 'deviation from social norms/levels-of-functionality/whatever-the-illness-is-affecting', so mental illness diagnoses serve their purpose, God doesn't apply, and geeze, stop picking on Keeper. Half of the posts here are snide digs at the way Keeper answers, and this topic was probably to bait him aswell. Surely most of you have better things to do than try to ruin a guy's beliefs, right?
      [/b]
      It's a legitimate issue I raised, your answer was evasive because it did not address the specific criteria, my initial post was not aimed at Keeper but at raising a religious issue in a religion forum, I truthfully pointed out that Keeper does not give straight answers (and neither do you), you leap to conclusions constantly, and your post was stupid.

That makes sense.
      If one where to suppose that god really exists, then one might suppose also that that god be considered as "the universal mind" and that alone makes him sound narcissistic.
      [/b]
      The Universal Mind does not have that disorder , but the Christian God does.

[/b]
      Then the answer would be, "No." You can't think God likes animals if you don't believe he exists.

My issue in this thread is about the character God, particularly the Christian version, whom I believe to be a fictitious character. Keeper is playing his usual combination of dodge ball and hit and run, as always, and it's a riot watching him make excuses for it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast