• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Here is everywhere you are

Looking in a Mirror

Well I had always wondered what It would look like if I were to look into a mirror while dreaming, and now I know...

Last Night I had a lucid dream for about 2 minutes, and during that time i was near a mirror, it was in a dark hallway, so I only saw me shadow in the mirror, but when i got closer and it started coming into focus, inside the mirror looked like a real glitchy video game, computer chip like patterns in the mirror, and I saw the Grim Reaper.I woke up before I could try and go through it though.

Eau Claire, WI
      Hey nice dream..but the Grim Reaper..freaky man..like totally..lol i dunno what i would do if i saw him..maybe i would have kicked the crap out of him, cuz u know..ur lucid!

"In My Restless Dreams...I See That Town.......Silent Hill!"

I didn't even do a reality check, i was just walking up my stairs getting ready to scare my sister, and thought to myself "It would be funny if i was dreaming" and then I just knew.

So I walked to the mirror and looked in.The grim reaper didn't scare, probably because it didn't register at first that thats what it was.

But im getting better at lucid dreaming.This is my second one this month, I usually only have 1 a month.

ive seen a mirror... and i was inside it
      i had this t shirt..... and everytime i looked in the mirror the sign changed... first it was Nike then other strage companies......

DJ Entries
      That's interesting...I've looked at myself in mirrors during a few LDs. At first I was afraid to because I was worried I would see something scary...like I would be a monster or there would be something standing behind me. But everytime I've looked at myself in a mirror so far I just see me. I look the same and there is nothing around. I've only really done it though as a result of an FA and caught a glimpse of myself in one of my bedroom mirrors. I hear people like to teleport places by walking through mirrors. It's worth a shot eh?

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Created Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points
      Zagreb
      DJ Entries
      I saw myself in a mirror once and the first time I had summer short sleeves and I looked at it again and had a scarf, a winter jacket and a cap. Funny

USA
      It's been a long time since I played with mirrors. Some pretty freaky stuff happens. Perhaps the best experience was when there were two images of me.

The one in the forefront was my reflection and followed all my movements. The one in the back was also me, but was moving independently and watching over the shoulder of the front image, almost like it was observing what it was doing.
      you must be the change you wish to see in the world...
      -gandhi

DJ Entries
      I did that once in my dreams...I looked so messed up..my face was all inverted...my mouth was on my chin and I was completley white!
      (Since regaining interest in LDs)

DILD: 7

Well next time im near a mirror, and am lucid, if I get a clear picture of myself in the mirror, im gonna reach into it and pull out my mirrored self and were gonna go mess with people (at least I hope so).

Thats gonna be my new goal in Lucid Dreaming...

Exploring mirrors and use them as doors sounds interesting..
      Anyway I looked into a mirror a few nights ago while lucid. I looked the same as usual except for my eyes that were big and black and alienlike

I had a non-lucid dream with a mirror in it. First one with a mirror that I can remember. I was decorating my bathroom to look gloomy because I was gonna face X-poc ina wrestling match. I had these black sheet wrapped around me as I was trying to attach them to the ceiling. I saw myself in the mirror as I was trying to attach them I looked normal just with a black sheet wrapped around my body. Then the part that freaked me out. I was still glancing at the mirror when I noticed some movement in the mirror behind where I was standing I looked and saw another instance of myself standing next to me. He looked like me but really angry but also calm like he wanted to say something. But before anything else happened I panicked and thought "AHHH GHOST!!!!" and I fell to the ground and wrapped myself in the black sheet and started shivering. I got one last glance at the dream scene before I woke up and noone else was there. I probably wouldn't have been scared if I was lucid but I wasn't lol.

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      Planet
      Whenever I look in a mirror while i'm dreaming, my face seems to look deformed. I'll usually have a different hair length, style, or color than I do in reality. Also, whenever I make faces or move, it always seems to take the mirror a couple of seconds to follow my actions.

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points

LD Count
      >100
      Estonia
      I had my second lucid dream some days ago (BTW - I was sleeping in the same bed and I attained lucidity at the same dream spot ) and I saw my reflection in the window's glass. It was pretty clear. My face changed with the one of my acquaintance's and then went back to normal. Then I sort of went through the window and flew around. Well... It wasn't flying... It was a sort of floating with some control. I remember the cold breeze on my face. It was VERY realistic. But I still managed to lose control after a while. So all in all, my dream lasted for about a minute or so, but it's still a lot better then 4 seconds, right? Yeah... reflections of all sorts are fun to mess around with.

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      I use mirrors as an RC, everytime I see myself in a mirror I test, and I see mirrors a lot in my dreams and always something is different, different hairdo or a beard or something, but its always pretty clear and not distorted or scary at all, so its a good test for me. I don't know if its because I use mirrors as an RC, but almost everytime I get lucid its because I was in a bathroom in my dream and I check myself out in the mirror and I can tell its a dream right away.

This was how I had my first LD too, looked in a mirror and my reflection was underwater with long hair so instantly I knew it was a dream,

Just the night before last I attained lucidity after waking to find that after removing my earplugs, another pair had spawned in it's place. Took out the second pair just to comfirm a false awakening, cool, a 3rd pair. So I get out of bed, turn on the light and look in a mirror on my dresser (no mirror on dresser in waking world). At first I seem normal, then I notice a distortion as if from a heat source were between me and the mirror, kinda wavey. I look closer and see that I look kinda old, with a strange spiderwebbish cataract on my left eye. I have thin grey "old Chinese kung fu man" whiskers on my chin. My teeth were small and gappy and rotten. I knew I was dreaming so this image i the mirror was not disturbing when I was looking at it, in fact I was quite in a sense of awe and wonderment. Kind of a "wow, this is what I look like in a mirror while dreaming. Ohh, look at that, I resemble an old chinese man". I should probably mention that I hold high regard for the KUNG FU TV Series, as Qwai Chang Kain, kung fu and the Shaolin philosophy(sp?) were my life-changing influences as a directionless teen. However any time I think back to the image in waking life, It is somewhat disturbing . Leo, how would you interpret this one?
      adopted by: Alaurast78, She's bonzer!

Member Achievements:
      That's pretty cool. I would guess how you look in your reflection might be how you picture yourself or what you would want to look like. Like you look like an old kung fu master, I always look 'cooler' than I really do, like long hair or no glasses, and it makes sense cuz I feel cooler than I look in waking and it might be how I wished I was.

Like ever see the chappelle's show episode where he finds the camera with all the different views, one is the 'true self cam' maybe mirrors are kinda like that in dreams.
      I'm wondering if everyone sees themselves the same or similar in dreams in mirrors or is it always a vastly different reflection. I know if youre lucid and expect something it would be different all the time, but if you just happen to check out a mirror does it usually look the same as last time?

Consciousness Itself Universal Mind's Avatar
      Everywhere
      I had a lucid dream a few weeks ago where I became lucid and immediately decided to look in the mirror. When I did, I saw the most psychedelic, crazy thing I have ever seen. I saw a greyish, silverish, multidimensional infinity with all kinds of geometric images floating around, revealing themselves to be complex realities much unlike this one. I still saw all of this as my reflection. It was very abstract, and it is difficult to really describe. It seemed extremely insane. Unfortunately, I woke up right after I saw it, probably because I wigged out over it so much and got too excited.
      How do you know you are not dreaming right now?

thats awesome guys! when u think about it. there are no rules for things like reflections or shadows in dreams. so its like your mind is using half of what it expects to see in a mirror but then its really ur mind spazzing out and creating most of it. thats amazing!

i believe morpheous calls it residual self image, the mental projection of you digital(mental) self
      420/24/7/365 herb?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mayhembrown)</div>
      i tried to fly but cudnt, so i went outside in the garden but still cudnt.. i then thought lets go and find a girl!

Member Achievements:
      yeah residual self image. the way you imagine yourself. Thats a cool idea like you can see the 'real' you.

Norway
      I had a bit freaky experience with a mirror during a nap which turned into a LD. I woke up in my room, FA, after another LD, and checked my clock. I suspected something was wrong with it because it stood locked on the display. I felt that something creepy was outside the window. Then i went into the bathroom and saw the mirror and imidiatly realized that i was in a dream. The mirror was blobby so the reflection got screwed up. But then i was sort of drawn towards it and when i got so close that i had to straighten out my arms to take against the "fall" toward the mirror, i saw my face got creepy so i looked down and i heard a low brumming creepy voice go mmmmmmmm. It felt like something that i feared was behind that mirror. Should i try crush the mirror or something... go inside it maybe?

Ive looked into mirrors before but then i was normal.

Member Achievements:
      did you wake up right then, did it scare you awake?? I say check out whats on the other side of the mirror. Ive yet to do that because physics and stuff even in my LDs seem to be real close to the real world and im not able to go thru walls or anything.

Banned
      Yeah My Mirror experiences has been a bit screwy. I've always walked through them and end up in another dream setting but I now just play around with them. My problem is this. I see myself all the time with nothing strange with my appearance, but everytime I stand in front of one My reflection would smile and then walk away and Im left looking at a blank mirror like WTF? And I say the same thing everytime when my reflection leave. " Where the Fuck are you going?" lol