• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

WA

Lunaire's Dream Journal

Lunaire's Dream Journal

In this thread I will post coherent dreams, lucid experiences, and anything I find interesting.

About Me

I had my first lucid dream when I was ten years old. Lucidity happens to me naturally, so when I recognize that I'm dreaming, it's usually by intuition.

I've never tried any lucid dream induction techniques, and I'm not familiar with a lot of lucid dreaming terminology, but hey, that's why I'm here, right? My dream recall and lucid dreaming experiences were excellent when I was a child, but now that I am very busy, often sleep-deprived and occasionally stressed out, it doesn't come as easily anymore. So this is my foray back into the world of lucid dreaming...

The first few entries will be a few of my favorite dreams that I've salvaged from past dream journals, and then I will start regularly posting current dreams.

I value dreams for their psychological insight, so my commentary will focus on what my dreams say about me and my life at that moment. I see lucid dreaming as a rewarding experience that will also allow me to further explore my mind.

Goals

• Redevelop dream recall
      • Attain high-level lucidity (most of my lucid dreams involve low-level lucidity)

Dream Themes

• Water / Not being able to swim (<-- true in waking life)
      • Being kidnapped / escaping from authority/people
      • Irreversible decisions
      • Catastrophe/War/Apocalypse/Dystopia

Color Key

Dream
      Lucid
      Non-dream commentary

Archive

2002 | Mine Car Paradise
      2004 | A Lavender & Marble Dinner Party

Please feel free to comment on any entries.
      Last edited by Lunaire; 04-06-2010 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Updated archive.
      Somehow the moment seems so windowless
      I cannot see tomorrow through its panes
      And yet I cling with simple childlike faith
      To my belief that warmth can never die

Dream Journal

WA
      2002 | Mine Car Paradise

I’m riding in a mine car that is moving of its own volition. It is moving forward along the track to an unknown destination. I simply wait. The mine car stops. Before me is a huge arched doorway, with two vast wooden double doors.

They could have been the gates to heaven. Then the doors open outward and light streams into the mine. Paradise is on the other side. The sky is orange. The clouds taste like candy. The grass is greener than any I’ve ever seen, and unicorns and other pleasant creatures inhabit the place.

I get out of the mine car and an angel stops to greet me in the doorway. He asks me if I would like to enter. Of course, I say yes. Then I take one step and he stops me. “Once you enter this garden, you can never leave,” he warns. I acknowledge this and I enter paradise forever.

After exploring paradise for a while, I decide I want to leave. I go back to the giant doorway, where the angel stops me. “No! You can never leave this place.” I start regretting my decision to enter paradise.

I had this dream a long time ago and it still bothers me.

Dream Journal

WA
      2004 | A Lavendar & Marble Dinner Party

I am at a fancy dinner party hosted by a wealthy widow at her mansion. The floors are checkered black and white like a chessboard, and crystal chandeliers hang from the ceiling of the ballroom that I'm in. Everything is marble and lavender.

My classmates mingle as a string ensemble plays. At one point there is a cello solo, and it reminds me of how the trees behind my house groan in the wind. It makes me homesick and I look out the window, where the muted rolling hills are dotted with uncharacteristically cartoony-looking trees, all under a pastel sky. The horizon is barely visible.

There is something distinctly watercolor-painting-esque about the landscape, which tips me off that there is something strange about it.
      Today, this would have tipped me off that I was dreaming.

But I am interrupted by the hostess, who is dressed like Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's.

I find it quite appropriate to compare this hostess to Nicole Kidman’s portrayal of the charming yet antagonistic Mrs. Coulter in The Golden Compass movie.

She somehow disseminates to me (with polite tact) that it is rude to look out the window during people's parties because it gives the hostess the impression that the party is boring. She chides me to pay attention because festive activities are about to begin. Then she walks off to make an announcement to the guests. I choose this time to go to the bathroom, so I leave the ballroom and step out into the hallway. I walk toward the bathroom when I notice that two mechanical arms had dropped from the ceiling when I opened the door.

It dawns on me that the hostess only threw the party to capture me. It had been her intention all along for the mechanical arms to catch me and take me through the ceiling to some holding room upstairs.

Dream Journal