• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
      Banned

Badges / Icons

Anyone have any ideas for badges or icons? I'm thinking that professors and students could have a small icon, while badges could be given out for those who had completed certain classes.

Couple of small ones I threw together. I know we have a lot of creative members though, so I'm excited to see what we can come up with

Make sure to check out THIS THREAD in the artist's corner
      Last edited by Shift; 12-31-2009 at 05:53 AM.

Lucid Master of Flight Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      untouchable
      The sky
      DJ Entries
      i actually like those very much

"MementoMori, the lucid machine"

"There's nothing better than knowing what it's like to fly like superman. Being fully aware of the air whipping by you, controlling every movement of every single atom in your body with a single thought. It's real freedom, and there's not a word good enough to describe it, so I'll just call it dreamy for now."

What's up <span class='glow_006400'>[SomeGuy]</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      About 1
      Tmux on Debian
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by MementoMori View Post
      i actually like those very much
      Samesies.

Hey guys, I'm back. Feels good man
      ---------------------------------------------------
      WTF|Jesus lul
      spam removed

Motion Personified Alpha Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      United Kingdom
      DJ Entries
      For underneath the users Avatar?

Sounds like a good idea though Illl have a mess around in Photoshop!

Banned
      Yea, if possible it could fit easily right underneath the avatar, like the gender icon. That way when you post, people can take a look and say, "Oh, this person has done the academy" and a quick check of their profile (for the badge) would let you know which course they'd taken.

Thanks guys Definitely try making your own, I ran out of ideas very quickly

I U
      Banned
      LD Count
      -0 4 23 2011
      INI an artist w/ a gif animator so I'll get right on that bru... Or bra I mean, awkward lol.
      Last edited by I U; 12-26-2009 at 06:00 PM. Reason: invisibility of 22nd post...

Estonia
      How about icons with a little animaton. I'll just let my mind wonder...

Icons for:
      * Intro to LDig => icon of A-b-c book
      * DJ'ig => pen writing on a paper - ink as stars. Underlineing some words (DS).
      * DILD => zzzzLDzzzz (like a moving text in airports)
      * RC => clockwatch / finger through palm
      * Stabilizing => ropewalker / or other balancing sign.
      * Supplements => cup of milk / fruit or a vegetable that helps.
      * Dream Control => Crown - because it's one of the most advanced things to learn.
      * Dream Incubation => Gearwheel in the brain / Lightbulb lighting up in the brain/head / just the lightbulb.
      * Dream Theories => Big question mark
      * Science of sleep => eyes moving rapidly (REM)
      * Vild => head thinking about a room for example, room forms around him/her. Then the face disappears and the room pulls itself smaller forming the head again.
      * HIT => someone seeing a hallucination and somehow jumps into it.
      * WILD => W I L D ! / Text in the brain/head "1 2 3 LD"
      LDs = 8 (DILD 6 ; WILD 2)
      Last Achieved Goals: fly [xx], summon an earth elemental [/], go on a Moon [x] have at least 2 LD in February [x]
      Next Goals to Achieve: make a deal with unconscious to have LD during every nap[ ], meet a dream guide[ ], complete TOTM[ ], Visit Pandora [ ].
      You have a LD tonight !

Banned

lol
      Last edited by Shift; 12-26-2009 at 07:38 PM.

Estonia
      I Like It :d
      Last Achieved Goals: fly [xx], summon an earth elemental [/], go on a Moon [x] have at least 2 LD in February [x]
      Next Goals to Achieve: make a deal with unconscious to have LD during every nap[ ], meet a dream guide[ ], complete TOTM[ ], Visit Pandora [ ].
      You have a LD tonight !

Ex Tech Admin Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Populated Wall Referrer Gold Made lots of Friends on DV
      Sunny Scotland
      DJ Entries
      Awesome book, shift.

So, the icons under the avatar, will they build up, so the student could have a list of icons for what they achieved/took part in?

Estonia

Badge for professors !

Quote Originally Posted by slash112 View Post
      Awesome book, shift.

So, the icons under the avatar, will they build up, so the student could have a list of icons for what they achieved/took part in?
      Yes, they would build up.

I think professors should have their badges/icons as well !

For example:
      Courses leaded #number in a golden medal icon#
      Courses assisted #number in a silver medal icon#
      You have a LD tonight !

United Kingdom
      DJ Entries

Like little wittle badges like this.. but... blue! and white and with big letters!

Banned
      Quote Originally Posted by slash112 View Post
      Awesome book, shift.

Haha, thanks

Well, I don't know if they'll build up or not. Just having one would keep it pretty clean- cramming the same icon in again and again seems pointless. Unless we can come up tiny individual ones to represent their larger badges, then I think we should just stick to the one. People can check out the profile if they're curious about what badge the person has.

Banned

Bam.

Estonia
      Badges should be under avatar minimized (click leads to a personal badge hall where are also maybe the TOTM badges?) aligned like latest on the right. It should show as much of them as possible, if there would be a room problem, then it shows only the last courses taken, and a sign to let other know there's more...

Shift, seems as if you are droping them from your sleeves Great! I like it!

Mrdeano, I think the icons and badges should be symbolic to LD and DV. If to connect the medallion style you have and symbolism, then RC course could have finger pointing through a medallion...?
      You have a LD tonight !

ex-member
      Professors need something to do with pokemon.

AHA!

Each class needs a badge.

Dibs on BOULDERBADGE.
      Bollocks.

Drowning in Dreams Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal
      <span class='glow_8B0000'>Zhaylin</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      c. 6 since join
      Central West Virginia, USA
      DJ Entries
      Very nice.
      I love badges and icons.

United Kingdom
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by insight View Post
      Mrdeano, I think the icons and badges should be symbolic to LD and DV. If to connect the medallion style you have and symbolism, then RC course could have finger pointing through a medallion...?
      Well I was going for the shape of a typical badge.

Banned

DV Academy Banners, adverts, icons, badges needed!!!

Hey everyone! In case you haven't heard, we're working on a program called the DV Academy which will be a replacement for the adoption program that will provide a variety of courses to all DV members interested in taking them. There's been some discussion in the DV Academy forum if you're interested, but I wanted to make this post for the Art team because we need a few different images and we have a lot of talented artists on the site

• Banner(s)
        • A simple, attractive banner about the Academy that could be placed somewhere on the site and serve as a link to the Academy forums
      • Advertisement(s)
        • Same as the banner, or
        • Individual advertisements for specific courses, that would advertise "NOW OPEN" or "TAKING APPLICATIONS!" when a course was taking applicants so that people would know when to apply. Tentative course list is here, accepted courses so far will be [Intro to Lucid Dreaming][DJ, Recall, and Dreamsigns-(or any other catchy name that you can come up with!)], [DILD]. Workshops on these topics might also end up being held, in which case it would be cool to have advertisements for them.
      • Badges
        • These are essentially the 'diploma' that someone will receive when they complete a course. The badge will be kept on their profile to demonstrate that they've completed a specific course, so they should be representative of the course in some way (feel free to be creative and go all out!)
      • Icons
        • A decision hasn't been made yet on what the icons should represent, but these would be similar to the gender icon beneath someone's avatar.
        • At the most basic level, these could be icons that signify that someone is a current or graduated student or a current professor.
        • If possible, they could be versions of the badges that could fit under someone's avatar, signifying what topic they are knowledgeable in so that while you are reading a post, you can see that they've studied some topic in particular.

Here are some that I have come up with, but hopefully the DV artists can come up with something better!!

Banned

LD Count
      hell if i know
      USA
      DJ Entries
      hmm, you could use this for Supplements course, it says "LD Shake" lol. ill try and come up with more, im bored.

that could be used also

Ex Tech Admin Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Populated Wall Referrer Gold Made lots of Friends on DV
      Sunny Scotland
      DJ Entries
      The LD Shake thing is a cool idea.

But the how is gears relevant to DV academy?

LD Count
      hell if i know
      USA
      DJ Entries
      i was thinking along the lines of thought process, maybe put them in a person for dream incubation, or logic.

Banned
      That gave me an idea, a cup full of liquid with a straw, and the liquid level going down, and as the cup empties you can make out 'LD' or something.

Definitely like your ideas James, thanks for posting! I think the gears could be used in a lot of different ways, and it's a catchy animation too!

LD Count
      hell if i know
      USA
      DJ Entries
      Thanks! lol i didn't even make the gear one specifically for the icon, i made it a few months ago for an avatar. the gear animation actually used to spin a lot faster than what's shown. for some reason when i uploaded it, the internet slowed it down. i definitely might try that cup one, that sounds awesome!
      Last edited by James2302; 12-28-2009 at 10:39 PM.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast