• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Lurker

In between Lucid and amongst the Dead? What the hell happened to me?

So at about 5AM Tuesday morning (yesterday) I had the following experience, went back to sleep and then typed it up on my computer at 9AM. I'll copy paste it here:

[Long beginning of dream entry cut out] I see two girls I've heard of and then we start talking to them and I think to myself. I think to myself, wait a second, I’ve never spoken to those girls before they wouldn’t know me, so it must be a dream. At this point of realization though, all I can see is black but yet I feel as if I'm still dreaming.

I feel my heartbeat speed up and get excited so I tell myself to calm down because I want to have a lucid dream. I then try to open my dream eyes and then I get hit by this weird shiver that goes through my whole body. I’ve heard about this and I’ve heard it means my waking body is asleep but my mind is awake or some shit. But then the shiver turns into excruciating pain.

I endure, wanting the lucid dream, but then I can’t help myself and attempt to wake myself up. Doing so makes my left side, near my kidneys, hurt like crazy like I had been shanked twice. I woke up, but I think I started hallucinating. I was in bed, checking my phone to make sure I was awake and not false awakening and I started to see all of these faces in front of my eyes (I was awake, phone numbers and light changes were normal). I felt for some reason that I could attach names to some of them, like they were very old people. Andrew Jackson stands out and I think Benjamin Franklin. But they keep floating in front of me in a constant stream, it’s very scary actually. This goes on for 5 minutes and then I eventually get back to sleep.

So yeah why did I have these hallucinations? Has anyone experienced anything like this? Also, why was I concious while my dream world was all black?

DJ Entries
      I dunno If im right, since I'm not exactly the best person on Lucid Dreaming yet.. but I think you were stuck in SP(sleep paralysis), and were hallucinating all those faces. I.e when people hallucinate aliens and ugly witches etc (from what Ive heard).
      Goal: do a Kamehameha.

Starting from Fresh now.. marcher22's Avatar
      LD Count
      Restart- 0
      Toronto Canada
      DJ Entries

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      I feel my heartbeat speed up and get excited so I tell myself to calm down because I want to have a lucid dream. I then try to open my dream eyes and then I get hit by this weird shiver that goes through my whole body. I’ve heard about this and I’ve heard it means my waking body is asleep but my mind is awake or some shit. But then the shiver turns into excruciating pain.
      Usually if i lucid dream i do DEILDs , and when i feel like im in the dream but everything is black, i try to open my eyes. But i can't ( i don't feel the excruciating pain you feel). It's just that the more i try the more it hurts i guess. I found some solution to fix the "can't open your eyes" just get your dream hand and pry your eyes open. Worked for me 2 nights ago.. saw it on a video.
      "The world is your playground. There are bumps along the way but this playground comes with a fully equipped toolbox with equipment out there to solve ANY disease,problem or issue out there. ONE problem. Some tools are harder to find than others. Lucid dreaming is just one of them."
      - Marcher22

Lurker
      I don't think I was in sleep paralysis because I was completely awake... checked my phone and did reality checks to make sure. It was while I was awake trying to go back to sleep that I saw the faces with my eyes open and closed.

that sounds a lot like an experience I had a few weeks ago.

heres a thread I made: http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ad.php?t=76943
      (sorry, if it's kind of a long read. it's just very descriptive.)

I was reading yours and noticed a lot of similarities happen in the same order.

hammerhead moons gwydion_calamity's Avatar
      elsewhere
      The residual hypnogogia is fairly common. When you don't move around too much, some stuff might linger. Your brain might not have been quite awake yet.
      the talking tree, the singing water.

Fontana, California, United States, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy... That's all I know XD
      DJ Entries

It's the borderline.

I've done this before, but not for 5 minutes. One time back when I had my own bedroom, I saw a chocolate candy bar that was standing up on my stand, instead of laying down. I reached out for it, but my hand went through it and it dissapeared.
      The 2nd was back when my brother and me slept in bunk beds, I slept on the bottom. I woke up one night and saw the blankets from underneath my brother's bed make a profile of a long haired girl. And funny thing was, for some reason I knew she was a blonde. And I didn't feel creeped out at all. the profile dissapeared after a few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Quick Silver View Post
      I've done this before, but not for 5 minutes. One time back when I had my own bedroom, I saw a chocolate candy bar that was standing up on my stand, instead of laying down. I reached out for it, but my hand went through it and it dissapeared.
      The 2nd was back when my brother and me slept in bunk beds, I slept on the bottom. I woke up one night and saw the blankets from underneath my brother's bed make a profile of a long haired girl. And funny thing was, for some reason I knew she was a blonde. And I didn't feel creeped out at all. the profile dissapeared after a few seconds.
      have you ever woken up holding something and feel it disapearing as you wake up? (sort of like that candy bar?)

On and Off Member Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      I don't think I was in sleep paralysis because I was completely awake... checked my phone and did reality checks to make sure. It was while I was awake trying to go back to sleep that I saw the faces with my eyes open and closed.
      when you were trying to go back to sleep, you were in bed, right? and while you were trying to sleep you saw hallucinations (eyes open or closed). This is sleep paralysis. while you were trying to fall asleep, the sleep paralysis mimicked the open eye visuals while you were in paralysis. so you might have thought you had your eyes open (and awake) but you were in sleep paralysis and mistaken it for waking hallucinations. Don't be fooled, these things can make you believe its real.

Edit: actually i think I'm wrong, you didn't quite make it clear what happened that night.
      100+ Nights of LDs in my high school days.
      Starting again after almost 10 years.

On and Off Member Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      http://dreamviews.com/community/showthread.php?t=77354

similar thread with an equivalent dilemma
      100+ Nights of LDs in my high school days.
      Starting again after almost 10 years.

Fontana, California, United States, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy... That's all I know XD
      DJ Entries
      I take it you did? huh? because I haven't

Tallahassee, Florida
      One night when I was falling asleep, I looked up and saw myself. I was standing on top of a chair (which was real). When I saw this I wasn't really scared at all. I looked away and closed my eyes. I looked back and this time the other me is looking at me. His head looked 3 times the normal size and it look like he was up in my face but he was still about 6 feet away from me. Again I wasn't scared and I went to sleep. I had my first ld that night. It was a DEILD.
      LD's since Jan 1st 2010: 1 (I've had more but am recounting)
      DILD's:6
      WILD's:5
      Adopted by guitarboy
      Goals: [x] Fly, [] Meet another dreamer, [] Change my evirnoment 100%, [] Meet my DreamGuide, [] Chat with my sub-conscious, Use the Force! []

DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by [user-name] View Post
      have you ever woken up holding something and feel it disapearing as you wake up? (sort of like that candy bar?)
      But really, no I haven't. I mean to feel something as it dissapears in your hand? That sounds kinda like what would happen to something when it's past was erased or changed.... in theory at least. were you seeing the faces as well when this happened? Because it could be something like a visual metaphor from your mind; it probably stands for something. One thing is for sure though, it goes alot deeper than my floating pastires. heh..

DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by DreamMentor View Post
      One night when I was falling asleep, I looked up and saw myself. I was standing on top of a chair (which was real). When I saw this I wasn't really scared at all. I looked away and closed my eyes. I looked back and this time the other me is looking at me. His head looked 3 times the normal size and it look like he was up in my face but he was still about 6 feet away from me. Again I wasn't scared and I went to sleep. I had my first ld that night. It was a DEILD.
      Hey Dream Mentor, what were they (the you) doing when you saw yourself? Not only that but were all the details there? Especially with the big head? I'm sorry but that's freakin interesting.

Tallahassee, Florida
      Hey Dream Mentor, what were they (the you) doing when you saw yourself? Not only that but were all the details there? Especially with the big head? I'm sorry but that's freakin interesting.
      The other me was standing on his two feet on top of the chair (The part where you put your back on) The chair itself acted as if he had no weight and didn't lean back. What I can remember now, when I look at him the second time he was crouching on top of chair and he was looking at me. His head look alot bigger this time (Like I said about 3 times bigger). And it looked like his head was right infront me even tough his head was about 6 ft away from me. It's kinda hard to explain but it looked like his was right up at me but his body was 6 ft away from me. I don't think he had an extended neck to stretch up to me either. It's kinda hard to explain how his body was 6 ft away from me and his head was 3 inches away from my face.
      Adopted by guitarboy
      Goals: [x] Fly, [] Meet another dreamer, [] Change my evirnoment 100%, [] Meet my DreamGuide, [] Chat with my sub-conscious, Use the Force! []

Tallahassee, Florida
      The other me was standing on his two feet on top of the chair (The part where you put your back on) The chair itself acted as if he had no weight and didn't lean back. What I can remember now, when I look at him the second time he was crouching on top of chair and he was looking at me. His head look alot bigger this time (Like I said about 3 times bigger). And it looked like his head was right infront me even tough his head was about 6 ft away from me. It's kinda hard to explain but it looked like his was right up at me but his body was 6 ft away from me. I don't think he had an extended neck to stretch up to me either. It's kinda hard to explain how his body was 6 ft away from me and his head was 3 inches away from my face.
      Oh yea all the details were there. It was perfect replica of me.
      Adopted by guitarboy

DJ Entries

Is it like putting an object close to your face and looking at a room with it in front of you? Because it sounds like scale and porportion confusion. This makes me wonder how I can see in 3rd person in my dreams though. if you remember the details then go back to them and ask them what they are. I heard you can go back if you remember things.

Tallahassee, Florida
      Is it like putting an object close to your face and looking at a room with it in front of you? Because it sounds like scale and porportion confusion. This makes me wonder how I can see in 3rd person in my dreams though. if you remember the details then go back to them and ask them what they are. I heard you can go back if you remember things.
      Please clarify that first question and last sentence. I didn't really understand them.
      Adopted by guitarboy

DJ Entries
      Please clarify that first question and last sentence. I didn't really understand them.
      when you say clarify you mean the relationship between the question and what I said last?

Tallahassee, Florida
      when you say clarify you mean the relationship between the question and what I said last?
      No I mean restate that question and the last sentence, because I didn't really get them.
      Adopted by guitarboy

DJ Entries

Clarification

No I mean restate that question and the last sentence, because I didn't really get them.
      Ahh crap. How do I put this?... It's just like those older movies where they supposedly put something (prefably a monster) in front of the camera to make it look bigger, when it was really just close to the camera.

If your double had an extended neck then it would be no different then that monster being up close to the the camera. But if the neck was NOT extended then it would be like the monsters in movies today where the monster really IS that big in the screen.

I was just asking if it was like that. Because you said it was hard to explain. So I was seeing if I could clarify it... but by now I think we did. lol! or at least I hope.

Tallahassee, Florida
      Ahh crap. How do I put this?... It's just like those older movies where they supposedly put something (prefably a monster) in front of the camera to make it look bigger, when it was really just close to the camera.

If your double had an extended neck then it would be no different then that monster being up close to the the camera. But if the neck was NOT extended then it would be like the monsters in movies today where the monster really IS that big in the screen.

I was just asking if it was like that. Because you said it was hard to explain. So I was seeing if I could clarify it... but by now I think we did. lol! or at least I hope.
      No he didn't have a long neck. But yeah, I guess it was like a monster from one of those classic movies, because it did look someone zoomed in on his head when he was 6 feet away from me. Making his head look bigger. I think what I saw was my dobleganger (I'm not sure on the spelling).
      Adopted by guitarboy