Yeah, this post might be fairly big. I got issues.

Numbered diagrams help ease the pain.

RULES

The system is thus:
  1. Chapter Posted
  2. Update Sent
  3. Actions Returned
  4. Repeat

The chapter will be a new topic (this can remain for problems, chat, feedback, complaints, newbies wanting to join at some point - which they still can, I'll just kill off older characters to make room - and whatever. Most characters will be in each chapter, though occasionally (say, if you're on holiday and I don't think you're necessarily needed to be there) your character might miss a chapter.
I will send you an update pm after every chapter. It will remind you of your character profile, have an inventory list, and so on. It might also contain information that only your character has learnt (characters with precognition, for example, may have visions of the future that only they see). Information given only to you could give you an advantage over the group, or be better shared with the group. Some people will obviously prove better teamplayers than others, though how well you all do need not represent this.
Your actions must be sent after the update pm. If you miss an actions deadline, it's no biggie, I'll either miss your character from the next chapter if they aren't needed, and you can get in your actions for next time, or I'll guess your character's actions (I'll try to keep them in persona) if they really must be in a chapter.

Actions are a big headache to me for the first few goes in most forums. Here's a few guidelines (numbered diagrams, see? ):

1. Don't invent things, use the enviroment and background I have given you (for example, "I use my hidden ninja disks, which I always keep in my boots, and throw them at his head. I then summon my mystic steed and ride off to the Castle of Darkness where I make sweet love to a beautiful princess, who loves me very much.")
  2. I might of gone overboard with that example. Sorry.
  3. Don't use narrative, I'll do that (for example, "He walks into the cave, his hair looking sexy and cool as the wind lashes it vigorously")
  4. Don't control anyone else's character, or characters that I control, or the world around you, just tell me what you intend to do (for example "I try to talk him into helping me" NOT "I talk him into helping me and then walk off into the cave"

Few examples of very very good actions:

Quote Originally Posted by Good Actions
I try and fight my way out.
Quote Originally Posted by Even Gooder Actions
I try and fight my way out of the cave, using my long-sword.
Quote Originally Posted by Even More Gooder Actions
I try and fight my way out of the cave, using my long-sword. If Bobert doesn't try and attack me, I don't attack him.
Um...teamwork. You can always talk about what to do here, or anywhere else, with the other characters. You can see what they're doing in the chapters, so planning ahead is always good. Co-operating in actions can make your characters' success even more certain, for example:

Bobert's power is to create forcefields. Timbert's power is pyro-manipulation. They have been trapped by a villain with telekinesis, who is hurling rocks and other debris at them.
Bobert and Timbert plan their actions together.
Quote Originally Posted by Bobert
I try and cover Timbert with forcefields whenever the villain tries to attack.
Quote Originally Posted by Timbert
I try and create balls of fire with my power, which I then use to throw at the villain. If Bobert covers me with forcefields, I use them if I seem too in danger.
Of course, Timbert could say:
Quote Originally Posted by Timbert
If Bobert covers me with forcefields, I use this as a distraction and throw a fire ball in his face, and then run to escape the villain.
Course, that's cause Timbert's mean.

Heh, balls of fire...

Anyways, I think I've made the whole thing painfully, painfully clear.

No deadline for first actions, just await update, read chapter, and send when ready. We'll spend as long as it takes to get everyone right, damnit!

Too much type, me tired now.