• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 28 of 86 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 ... LastLast
    Like Tree621Likes

Thread: Stupidest Ways You've Missed Becoming Lucid

Philippines
      There was a signpost, when I looked back some letters disappeared, I giggled and I looked back again, and everything was gone. "LOL disappearing text, I'll make a font of that!"

I non -lucidly dreamed that I was lucid. Epic fail.

My friend was drowning, and I laughed at him and said, "Why don't you just walk on water like what I'm doing?" Seriously, walking on water didn't turn me lucid!?

Me: Hey am I dreaming?
      DC: Don't ask me that's your dream!

I the only person in the world left.... flying....

I'm gonna post some more this thread made me LOL!

I had a dream last night I was standing by the pond looking at the fish. One fish was wearing a sweater. There was also alot of snakes.

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      My complete failures:
      -----
      I was in cape cod at a house, basement filling with lava 'cause dog was peeing it (Don't have a dog.) Trees around house (There are none) look like a 2d painting with black background, I walk into one and I giant sphinx comes out and tickles me... Went on for another 5 min and never went lucid.
      -----
      An old lady spanked me with a baseball bat and I went flying, when I landed she came up and said, "You know your dreaming right?"
      -----
      30 foot spider attacking town, no lucid! LoL
      -----
      I hadn't researched lucid dreaming by the time I had these dreams, but I'd still had low lucid dreams (Mainly helping me escape nightmares)

LD Count
      500+
      Last night in my dream i was walking home and thought it would be a good idea to practice flying so that when i have a lucid dream i would be better at it, i flew for about a mile before landing in a neighbours garden next to my house.
      I then woke up feeling rather annoyed.
      How could i miss that one.
      Last edited by DREAMER242000; 06-17-2009 at 01:42 PM.

America
      A couple nights ago, these kids were learning how to survive, and I was like, "Hmm maybe I should become lucid and try to help them... Nahhhh" And I continued on
      *Starting from scratch. *
      DILD's = 2, WILD's = 0

Jello
      Last night, I had a dream about my deceased pet fish. In my dream, my fish appeared and kept getting out of its tank and was swimming in the air. In my dream, the fact that my dead fish was now alive and that it could fly didn't make me lucid. Also, while I was in the dream, I put a leash on my fish and tried to get it back in the tank. This made me really upset when I woke up, a perfectly good chance to become lucid, just wasted
      Lucid dreaming makes for a wonderful night's play.

Eat,Sleep,Breathe MUSIC
      Deeply immersed in the present moment
      I was flying in a spaceship towards another planet and we crashland, so i kill 3 people..or aliens? with a revolver...and start talking to the inhabitants of the planet, which looks like the moon, and they look human. I even knew some of them from earth..i did a RC and it failed...i was like wtf when i woke up.
      <Link Removed> - My website/tumblelog

“The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.” - Albert Einstein

CompulsiveSmilieUser Skydreamer707's Avatar
      Just last night: i went some some weird mall with two of my friends whom both transformed into sugar gliders in front of me, and hid in my shirt. (so they wouldnt get lost in the crowd(?!) one of those friends was a guy. somehow it didnt bother me in the slightest. and i didnt become lucid then later in the dream i go into a bathroom and i dont know i got this feeling of it being "unfinished" and then i see there's scribble's on the wall (or the walls are made of scribble's or some weird shit) and im like "This seems like a dream!" no lucid i didnt even attempt a reality check. but more than that my friends shapeshifting into tiny furry rats didnt seem abnormal to me but damn i see some scribbles and OMG its a dream!

Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible.
      I think it's in my basement... let me go upstairs and check.
      ~M. C. Escher

DILDS: 20+ (lost count >>)
      WILDS: 1-2 (cant remember) lol
      Goals: Grow Wings [X] Fly [X] See Bf [] Talk to my Dream Guide [] Talk to random DC [] Breathe underwater [X] Go to the past/future [] shapeshift [] explore universe/space [] go tiny/HUGE [] See farires/dragons [] Turn invisible [] rescue a prince []

My DJ!!!
      Am currently Learning Effective Dream control. yes, i suck that much at it. Suggestions are Welcome...

OM your NOM Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger Second Class 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      yes
      DJ Entries
      i'm walking down some path with my friend, and he says: "Can you teach me how to lucid dream?" I say: "Sure, sure. I'll teach you as soon as i can." My friend looks at me for a moment and says: "But aren't you dreaming right now?" I do a nose-pinch RC and say: "No. I could breathe right there, so that means i'm not dreaming." My friend accepts this and we continue our walk.

curse my dream stupidity!
      btw: my friends shapeshifting into tiny furry rats didnt seem abnormal to me but damn i see some scribbles and OMG its a dream! -skydreamer, that is so funny-

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistant one."
      Albert Einstein

Rational Spiritualist DrunkenArse's Avatar
      Da Aina
      I was in a jungle with wicked bad gnats and flying, talking strands of spaghetti. At least I've found my one true religion.
      Previously PhilosopherStoned

DJ Entries
      Most of these crazy events sound like my normal dreams (except the part about talking about LDs, that's not happening yet) i frequently change characters and undergo these really insane quests (anything from finding a floating puzzle symbol in a church to going to Alaska underwater). Half the time I'm not even myself!

I don't really know how I can do a RC when I'm following someone that I know is not me. If anyone has any tips on this, that would be great
      'What I have shown you is reality. What you remember... that is the illusion.'
      Sephiroth *cue screaming fan girls*

check out my warped brain...u know u want to O_o

Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

Quote Originally Posted by PhilosopherStoned View Post
      I was in a jungle with wicked bad gnats and flying, talking strands of spaghetti. At least I've found my one true religion.
      Haha good o' Pastafarianism.

Liz
      This morning I could just kick myself ......so I'm in the dining room and I hear my ringtone to my phone. I walk into the kitchen and it is MY DOG singing my ringtone....I said, "Wow, thats weird." Then went on my way....haha

England, Wafflesby

My Gmod Dream

For those who have heard of Gmod know what im talking about.
      First i was dreaming that i was playing on Gmod on my computer, but i hadnt realised i was dreaming yet. It was fairly late at night(or so i dreamt) and i was working on this big vending machine for barrels. I decided i was thirsty and had to keep awake so i was just about to get a coffee when i noticed a freshly made one already one my desk. Then i started to think that i was dreaming so i did an "RC" by trying to spawn a biscuit because i wanted one with my coffee. So the biscuit appeared.
      I then became lucid and floated into my computer and was physically in the Gmod world, so i had a bit of fun. I got a bit carried away and lost lucidity and suddenly this bleeping noise came on and all i saw was a bluescreen error. I woke up and started kicking myself for not keeping control.
      Common sense : "Don't play with fire!"
      Your mind : "Where the hell did you come from!?!?!"

Just Dance!

Work is healthy, so let the sick do it.

LD Count
      Being in a school enviroment. My dream journal consists of about 50&#37; school related dreams and yet I still don't pick it up.

Lucid Moments: 2 Lucid Dreams: 1

Lucid Goals: [X] Get my first LD [ ] Be a superhero [ ] Jump into a comic book [] Survive a Zombie Apocalypse

Piano Man
      LD Count
      Pittsburgh, PA
      DJ Entries
      I go outside to see my two dogs rolling around on the ground, I shut the door and go back in, then I go back out, and my one dog is a giant ugly dog(they are both pugs, so this is odd...)

How could I possibly think that is real?

my alarm clock went off irl and in my dream there was an ambient alarm clock noise and everyone was talking about alarm clocks and waking up

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

I dreamed that fat 3-year-old ninjas wanted to take over DreamViews.

*shakes his head hopelessly*

What it says on the tin.. Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal Veteran First Class
      UK
      DJ Entries

Wrong type of lucidity

I generally sort of know that I am dreaming in my dreams, but it is not a lucid kind of knowledge - It is bad because it stops me doing RC's as I already 'know' I am dreaming. Here are a couple - all the way through the dreams I am sort of aware I am dreaming...

I was having this dream, but to edit most of it out... I had been reminded of illnesses/bugs, and I notice there is lots of snot that has been coming out of my nose and I think that is what you get for thinking about bugs in a dream - but I am not lucid.
      Another time I told this really funny joke and I thought 'I must remember this when I wake up' and carried on dreaming.. DOH!
      Last edited by madeofparts; 07-02-2009 at 01:34 PM.
      "Just as there is room in the sky for a thunderstorm, so there is room in the vast space of our mind for a few painful feelings. And just as a storm has no power to destroy the sky, unpleasant feelings have no power to destroy our mind." - Geshe Kelsang Gyatso

I have one that takes the cake.

In my dream, my cousin and I are walking on the street and I ask him what he is doing here, he should be halfway around the world right now for a month. He tells me that he's back in town for a week, and heading back the following week. What I say next is word for word.

Me: "huh? That's so weird... I know this feels and looks exactly like real life but I have a serious feeling it's a dream!"

Cousin: "Ahuh...sure"

Me:"I really think this is a dream, I'm going to do a couple Reality Che....*WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP*

Just as I'm trying to tell myself to do a reality check, a family member decides now is the perfect time for me to wake up.

She still doesn't quite understand how a person can be so angry at being awoken..

thinker...Dreamer...geek zeldafreak's Avatar
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      About 4 days ago I had a dream where where almost every single sentence (that I remember) generally had the word "Lucid" or "Lucid dream" in it.
      Lucid goals
      Fly [ ] Run very fast [ ] destroy death star [ ] hover board [ ] super powers [ ] become lucid and stay so for longer than 5 secounds [X]

Wololo Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Spiral out, keep going.
      DJ Entries
      a few nights ago, I was in a dream where the headphones from my cd player turned into a tiny creature that looked like the queen from the movie Aliens, but only about 8 inches tall, and started chasing me.

Are you aware? Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      A few nights ago, I was dreaming about walking outside my house at night, and looking around I was like "Hmm... Am I dreaming? Nah, it's too realistic."

khh
      Remember Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Norway
      I was in my bed, and I realized that I was awake. So I decided to DIELD. When I relaxed I felt as if I was tipping over to one side, even though I could feel the bed against my back. Suddenly I tipped out of bed and roceted into the wall next to it. The world looked really hazy, kinda like in LOTR when Frodo puts on the ring. My limbs felt all strange, so I figured I'd rolled out of bed while still being in SP. I did the pinch-nose RC, but since I expected to be awake it failed. After that I went on with a non lucid dream.
      -.-
      April Ryan is my friend,
      Every sorrow she can mend.
      When i visit her dark realm,
      Does it simply overwhelm.

AUSTRALIA!!
      I was in my backyard. then this aboriginal walked up to me and said "this is a lucid dream brah" or something along the lines of that, Then he ran off.
      If your reading this you are lucid dreamingwdw;dwd w;djwd

wdliwhdwdj reality check? weird lwidwhwld/ lolwut? wtf lolhax.?

Ld so far: 3

Page 28 of 86 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 ... LastLast